Can AWACS Be Jammed By ECM?

THE KING

7 hours ago, THE KING said:

Can an AWACS be jammed by an airborne  ECM jammer or is it’s own radar strong enough not to get spoofed? If it can be jammed, will we eventually see it in DCS?

I was wondering about this myself many times. Would be also great to know what is the radar resolution for the AWACS? At what distance can it see individual aircraft that are flying close together?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

I came to ask a question about whether multiple AWACS units spread out could triangulate a jammed unit's position by seeing which azimuth both units detected the jammed threat. This is definitely the question that needs to be answered first! Thanks!

• Like 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

You can do that with a single aircraft.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, THE KING said:

Can an AWACS be jammed by an airborne  ECM jammer or is it’s own radar strong enough not to get spoofed? If it can be jammed, will we eventually see it in DCS?

Sure it can be, it's just that your jammer isn't going to since its purpose is to deal with threat radars.   SOJs are not in-game so AWACS do not get jammed - even then, SOJs would be more likely to be aimed at threats as well.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda