Did anyone else prefer the older external sounds?

Nin

I'm not sure if it's just me...but I feel like the recent changes that were made to external sounds on the F18 were a huge step backwards, and the previous sounds actually seemed realistic to what I imagined. Now, however, they just sound as if they've decided louder = better...it sounds identical at all angles. Furthermore you can hear the afterburner from the inlets which seemingly defies the laws of physics...and it sounds no different in or out of afterburner from the inlets either (not that you should hear the afterburner from the front doing Mach .9 at 30k feet, or at pretty much any speed or altitude aside from the sound of the AB bouncing off the runway or other buildings/objects on the ground, based off of videos of takeoffs etc. Overall a huge step backwards in my opinion and I wish they'd switch back until they fixed the issues with this supposedly new sound system...

Edited by Nin

19 hours ago, Nin said:

I'm not sure if it's just me...but I feel like the recent changes that were made to external sounds on the F18 were a huge step backwards, and the previous sounds actually seemed realistic to what I imagined. Now, however, they just sound as if they've decided louder = better...it sounds identical at all angles. Furthermore you can hear the afterburner from the inlets which seemingly defies the laws of physics...and it sounds no different in or out of afterburner from the inlets either (not that you should hear the afterburner from the front doing Mach .9 at 30k feet, or at pretty much any speed or altitude aside from the sound of the AB bouncing off the runway or other buildings/objects on the ground, based off of videos of takeoffs etc. Overall a huge step backwards in my opinion and I wish they'd switch back until they fixed the issues with this supposedly new sound system...

Has anyone tried the Echo 19_FA18 Audio Overhaul v3.10 for external sounds

I installed it many months ago and have not done any comparisons with the new January 2021 updates vs this Mod.  It may be fun for others to try..

Cheers.

| A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Supercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | Mi-8MTV2 | Yak-52 | >> Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - *Borrowed 5700XT* - X56 HOTAS - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - <<