Weather for the upcoming 2.7...

Anatoli-Kagari9

The videos and shots look astounding, but I wonder if:

.) Multiple cloud layers will be possible;

.) There will also be updates to the weather engine itself, allowing for more varieties of weather regimes, maybe even real world METAR / Model based weather ?

Any news about these ?

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

1) yes multiple layers of clouds are supported - have a look on those videos...Will be proper fun with a clean Viper zooming through those layers-

2) The weather engine currently supports one layer of clouds only - taking answer one in consideration - yes it is changed. The outlook also mentiones a brought overhaul of the weathersystem throughout the year.

In terms of real time weather in some talk it was neglected. I am not sure about history METAR though.

All the best

• Like 1

Pretty sure they said that we're getting a new weather configurator at least somewhere down the line, so yes I think multiple layers are planned.

As for no.2 I don't think real world weather is planned (I'm curious about the usefulness, unless you're planning on doing missions set the same day) but I think the plan was to make it dynamic.

One thing I'm wondering is whether we'll be able to define initial and forecasted weather, and whether or not we can have localised weather (I think the latter is maybe planned, not sure about the first though). 

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...