Onni

I can confirm issues above. Additionally, I could see a huge problem with ACM, especially WACQQ mode. I can see the target on the radar exactly in front of me, distance about 2-5nm and the ACM is not able to lock the target. Really confusing during dogfight, when you got seconds left until MiG-29 will use his "heaters" against you. I am sure that all HAFU symbols are complet and my radar can see the target. I am changing the pitch like crazy but WACQQ gets no lock. 

On 31/01/2021 at 7:13 AM, NineLine said:

Even though the Hornet has been out a while, it still remains an active development module in early access, these things can be expected during that period. We try our best to make sure these things done happen, but the more complex the Hornet gets, the easier for something to slip through. Thanks.

ooh yes, definitelly... Thansks for staying on the ball... 

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

just to know…. AACQ in the past was self-locking first target spotted (that makes sense, since its exactly what this mode is supposed to do, or am i wrong?), while now it needs to manually press "S" key to lock an already spotted radar contact (that i can do in other modes too…). is that normal ? is this a problem, and if yes its already reported  ?  

3 hours ago, DLEGION said:

just to know…. AACQ in the past was self-locking first target spotted (that makes sense, since its exactly what this mode is supposed to do, or am i wrong?), while now it needs to manually press "S" key to lock an already spotted radar contact (that i can do in other modes too…). is that normal ? is this a problem, and if yes its already reported  ?  

In my feeling it was catching the target and passing to STT automatically even few days ago (before last patch). I never knew that "S" had anything to do apart of returning to RWS/TWS, but now I am surprised. Let me check it in few hours. Thanks!

To be more precise, it sometimes works like before, soometimes not. When I am trying on my wingmen, it works OK, but the problem is with 29s and some Su-27s. Even if they used their jammers, it should not have so much influence in close range (2-10nm), I think. 

Edited by ultrasonograf

6 hours ago, DLEGION said:

manually press "S" key to lock an already spotted radar contact (that i can do in other modes too…). is that normal ? is this a problem, and if yes its already reported  ?  

thats intentional.

undesignate steps through contacts in LTWS/TWS according to their rank, if DT2 doesnt exist. it allows you to quickly select a target without needing to move TDC cursor around. after that is done, pressing SCS in the direction of the radar DDI will lock L&S with STT.

as far as i know, AACQ is not correctly implemented. you should avoid it. for example, it doesnt exit from STT and block out last locked target for 10 seconds from the list of AACQ-able targets as it should.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I’m glad I’m not the only person with this problem! I was flying in pvp earlier today, and I couldn’t lock anything. At one point, I was well within visual range and my radar saw nothing. I can see them on the datalink, but my radar can’t hold them for more than 10 seconds. 

• Like 2

My squadron mate and I did some additional testing tonight in a multiplayer environment. The radar is consistently dropping tracks in RWS, and the TWS performance is degraded as well. I even dropped a TWS L&S track this evening in a high aspect situation where the target was WVR inside of the HUD area. It was bad enough that we both switched to the Viper for the rest of the evening.

Very hopeful ED can reproduce these issues and address them quickly!

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, NineLine said:

Even though the Hornet has been out a while, it still remains an active development module in early access, these things can be expected during that period. We try our best to make sure these things done happen, but the more complex the Hornet gets, the easier for something to slip through. Thanks.

We love this aircraft and you guys have done an amazing job. We are looking forward to future advancements. It is so complex I am always studying the systems and there is always something more to learn. I credit this one module for a huge increase in the home cockpit/ HOTAS control market, i.e. Winwing blew up almost overnight with their F/A-18C Stick, throttle, and panels. 

• Like 2

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I don't see any improvement with the latest update. I guess radar changed is intentional and not a bug. I noticed the radar is now sensitive to notch even little sharp manouver can break the lock (in TWS). TWS auto kinda weird and less reliable as before. Its harder to detect target in beaming and much harder in cold aspect. Honestly I have no idea if its more realistic or not but I'll be lying if I say I like it. I'm now trying to adapt and rebuild my own tactics.

• Like 2

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

1 hour ago, Oceandar said:

I guess radar changed is intentional and not a bug

or maybe it just takes more than a week to fix considering their workload 🙂

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• ED Team

Guys I am going to close this, not that I don't care about your concerns, but in order to address them we need proper bug reports. If you are still seeing issues, please make a proper bug report if one doesn't exist already. Please see my signature for the Bug Reporting guide. Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png