Greatest news by far!

Vekkinho

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31052

Oh! You guys really made my day and rest of the life!

Wonderful news, much appreciated. Looks like our nagging in Wishlist made some impact!

Thanks ED, I really like Terrain builder, 6DOF pit builder and External FM linking! Guess we'll fly that thrust vectoring MiGs, Sukhois and Raptors over Nevada soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if someone decides to develop them - read the whole thing carefully!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31052

Oh! You guys really made my day and rest of the life!

Wonderful news, much appreciated. Looks like our nagging in Wishlist made some impact!

Thanks ED, I really like Terrain builder, 6DOF pit builder and External FM linking! Guess we'll fly that thrust vectoring MiGs, Sukhois and Raptors over Nevada soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Only if someone decides to develop them - read the whole thing carefully!

Yeah I know, but our community is up to the task! Think of Teka Teka, 666th Birdy for let's say terrain, think of SIM-MOD team and the rest of the modders that did wonderful job with modding LOFC!

Looks like no sleep for some!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't really mean to sound negative. It is great news :)

I just think ED will be really picky about who they release all this to :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

So DCS will finally follow a (more or less) similar strategy regarding add-ons like MSFS series (and IL-2). This is great IMO, especially when ED reviews the (payware) add-ons to guarantee good quality and compatibility, which is a problem with FS add-ons.

Just as 1C plans with the Storm of War-Engine.

Good news IMHO and a good chance for 3rd-party-developers. Just remember what GGTharos said and read the whole thing, before you start working on it. :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Good news. Finally will be like in MSFS series - your terrain, cocpits ect. Brilliant.

I feel I love ED :D

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

This is fantastic news!

I do not mind if ED is going to be picky - even better! Most important thing is that official tools are finally avaiable. No more scare talk about UFO crap from consevative folk. Now if someone wants to develop new model they can do it and they could have ED blessing.

Thanks ED guys!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Great!!!!

This decision will make sure, combat flightsim will survive :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

McDaniel out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Ah wow!:megalol: This is great NEWS! .. i mean also for future of DCS..

I think people can helps the ED with some works for accelerate the times about the release of the future aircrafts! :smilewink:

{adi}-Michael - Istruttore Eagles Bombers

Air Dominators Italia

http://www.ad-ita.it

From Italian Community

http://www.ad-ita.it/images/avatarbanners/Targ.Mike.jpg

This news is very good, great. But I am afraid too much. Bohemia Interactive for Armed Assault also said it would add a great support for third, and additions to take high-quality, as official added. And in the end have done nothing of that and have made themselves known as the worst friends of clients, just thinking about the money. I know that are different companies and different simulators. But I can not help feeling that maybe history would repeat itself.

Please ED, not pushes me to dream :sleep:, and then I leave :cry:, I want to return to be small, and wait impatiently for Christmas, we will not steal Christmas.:lol:

Sorry for my bad english.:clown:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

MiG-23 and MiG-31 :P Someone better start working, I'll buy it :P

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

This opens a door open for Su-25TM and example legendary planes - Su-22, MiG-27 ect :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Do you have performance charts and operational manuals for a Su-27SM?

Man, you are so working so hard to ruin everybodys happines? C'mon! Let's celebarate! Doors are opening :yay: :cheer3nc:

Be a good buddy and quote someone happy and say "YES" :D

This opens a door open for Su-25TM and example legendary planes - Su-22, MiG-27 ect :D

YES !!!

Contact via PM.

They're working hard to ruin their own! ;) I just help end their misery - but anyway, joking aside ...

Some of you guys mentioned wanting ground units and - if you notice, the SDK allows cockpit development and the addition of a physics engine. Perhaps some developers will decide to develop player controlled SAMs or AAA, or things like that.

If ED has the time and interest, perhaps they will add some factors that affect this - like traction, softness and composition of the ground, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps some developers will decide to develop player controlled SAMs or AAA, or things like that.

That would be nice, but I will never vote for controlling individual vehicles and units. Something more in a light of "division commander" that would steer ground troops and ships in general direction, like human AWACS/ATC controller.

Unless ED will be able to develop triggers? Like, if Blue unit A captures airport X, Red will redirect unit C t that location.

Lets hope for that, and that this wise act with tools will enable us to create something of a value for ED. I can only imagine how much they are struggling with regulations alone so they could present us something that they have developed earlier.

Toolkit and (even relativelly) open SDK can speed up the development of DCS. Yes, ther will be huge amount of trash, but at least you will have something to choose from. That will also create some compettion in communitiy as they will work even harder to create something good. And, each release date of DCS modules could include TWO aircraft instead of one :thumbup:

Yes, this is the best news since the annoucement of BS development!

Contact via PM.

Perhaps some developers will decide to develop player controlled SAMs or AAA, or things like that.

YES!!!

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

They're working hard to ruin their own! ;) I just help end their misery - but anyway, joking aside ...

Some of you guys mentioned wanting ground units and - if you notice, the SDK allows cockpit development and the addition of a physics engine. Perhaps some developers will decide to develop player controlled SAMs or AAA, or things like that.

cant wait to roll in on those with my mates in the A10 :pilotfly:

thats when real tactics will come into the equation.

great news about DCS overall - it will be the new benchmark in simming thats for sure

cheers

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

This is the best and only proper decision to secure far future of DCS. Other developers and producers know this already and everyone who take a better look on todays computer games market. Modding ability is a huge advantage over consoles market. But to make a good mod for flight simulation is no doubt one of the hardest deed. However I have a lot of faith in this community.

Well done ED!

• Like 1

I also would like to thank ED for this great news.

You know what this means guys, no using pre-bought models anymore, placing them into the game and selling as payware or ED selling it as an add-on.

Now the pure 3D Max guys who have the ability to do it from scratch are going to be in demand. :thumbup: