FTT now impossible from EXP modes?

toilet2000

I haven't been able to see the captain bars to designate an FTT target in the AG MAP EXP radar modes. Only the INS designation cursor can be shown by depressing the TDC, but the captain bars are not shown on the display.

Pretty sure this is a bug, because the captain bars should be able to be used to select the OSB labels (HOTAS shortcuts) and the TAC-000 manual from the AV-8B (very similar radar, the APG-65, just older than our -73) says that a FTT designation can be made in expanded modes.

I'll try and post a track whenever I have the time.

Thanks

Hold TDC DEPRESS and you will get crosshairs that you can slew to designate a spot in EXP modes

EDIT: OOPS SORRY YOU KNEW THAT... DIDN'T READ CLOSELY ENOUGH.. IGNORE THIS (but you CAN designate using the INS cursors. Slew with TDC depress and when you release TDC depress the FTT will be created)

Edited by Recluse
Posted in error

If you hold SCS to the radar format, do you get the cross hairs on screen? You could FTT designate that way, which means the problem is only with the captain's bar display and not anything to do with FTT mode. I won't have time to sim tomorrow night but I'll see if I can get an agreeing track if I'm seeing the same issue as you.