Jump to content

Operation Pontus: general information


Recommended Posts

You need when you end your mission to go on the map F-10 and then wait for the marker with the target designation! That's the time to zoom in take a picture and use this as a reference for your next mission! Hope that helps! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I correctly understand, that in the last hotfix there should be some optimizations for VR users?

 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that we wouldn't have to check the progression code from a screenshot anymore (which is a bit of a pita in VR), but that it now can be accessed ingame somehow. Is that correct? And if so, where can I find the code?

 

 

 

And one more question:

I kinda messed up my first few missions, due to my inexperience with this new mission planning stuff. Pretty much on each flight most of my allied flights were killed. Also I must be doing something wrong, because when I place my waypoint over the coordinates from the mission briefing (screenshot), there's nothing there when I fly the mission.

Would it be best if I start the entire campaign over?

Or can I just continue and try to do better from now on? (are the 30 missions stated in the advertisement a specific limit, or is it possible to just fly unlimited missions until all campaign goals are met?)


Edited by sirrah

System specs:

 

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

 

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sirrah said:

Did I correctly understand, that in the last hotfix there should be some optimizations for VR users?

 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that we wouldn't have to check the progression code from a screenshot anymore (which is a bit of a pita in VR), but that it now can be accessed ingame somehow. Is that correct? And if so, where can I find the code?

 

 

 

And one more question:

I kinda messed up my first few missions, due to my inexperience with this new mission planning stuff. Pretty much on each flight most of my allied flights were killed. Also I must be doing something wrong, because when I place my waypoint over the coordinates from the mission briefing (screenshot), there's nothing there when I fly the mission.

Would it be best if I start the entire campaign over?

Or can I just continue and try to do better from now on? (are the 30 missions stated in the advertisement a specific limit, or is it possible to just fly unlimited missions until all campaign goals are met?)

 

Hey, the optimization had to do with the length of the debriefing messages so that VR users could read easier. 

You still have to "save" the code and use it. It won't unfortunately export to a location.

 

I suggest you continue. You have a lot of missions in front of you to change the trend 😉 

When you receive the debriefing message, check the F10 Map for the Markers (red circles). The target coordinates should match with the designated target (e.g. a building). 

You can take a screenshot too from the targets so that you can plan your mission in the next time you enter the mission planner. 

 

Note: The targets are map objects. It doesn't have to be an extra object in your map (e.g. red colour or so). It's a default building of the map

 

Video tutorials are coming soon too 🙂 

 

Greg 


Edited by gregzagk
  • Thanks 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gregzagk said:

 

Note: The targets are map objects. It doesn't have to be an extra object in your map (e.g. red colour or so). It's a default building of the map 😉

 

ahh, that explains why I couldn't find the targets then. I was looking for static objects.

 

Cool, I like the map objects better than those abysmal static object buildings

  • Like 1

System specs:

 

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

 

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you assign a flight to the "strike" task will they hit the target at the coordinates given? I'd kinda like to concentrate on air to air, my poor AI squadron keeps getting decimated while I'm doing all these bombing runs!

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,

I understand the strike is optional and you should follow’the XO advice in the debrief ( eg with your experience go sead, and assign lt xx to task yy).

Also when striking successfully I did not get any mention of it, neither on the spot or during debrief. Did you?
 

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

hi,

I understand the strike is optional and you should follow’the XO advice in the debrief ( eg with your experience go sead, and assign lt xx to task yy).

Also when striking successfully I did not get any mention of it, neither on the spot or during debrief. Did you?
 

I believe that you get the small box that says "destroyed" and that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I assigned Hooters and Pickles to "Strike" mission, we had coordinates for a building where Dmitri Kudba was spotted. They dropped down to about 800ft and headed north, way past where the coordinates were. Not sure where they went, I died in a massive air battle. If i live long enough next time I'll follow and see what the hell they're doing!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

hi,

I understand the strike is optional and you should follow’the XO advice in the debrief ( eg with your experience go sead, and assign lt xx to task yy).

Also when striking successfully I did not get any mention of it, neither on the spot or during debrief. Did you?
 

For those optional strikes I only get the red text saying destroyed after the bombs hit, no acknowledgement in the debrief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chuckyy said:

OK, so I assigned Hooters and Pickles to "Strike" mission, we had coordinates for a building where Dmitri Kudba was spotted. They dropped down to about 800ft and headed north, way past where the coordinates were. Not sure where they went, I died in a massive air battle. If i live long enough next time I'll follow and see what the hell they're doing!!

I think it was said before you can’t or shouldn’t adding strike to AI. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

After entering “Campaign Progress Code” can I see the coordinates of the target?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

__________________________________________________________

i76700K Over to 4.6/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMN said:

After entering “Campaign Progress Code” can I see the coordinates of the target?

 

Hey, no you only get the coordinates of the target once you land on the carrier. 

For this reason it is crucial to take a screenshot of the target and the coordinates on F10 map. 

 

 

  • Like 1

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Link to post
Share on other sites

About coordinates ... After mission 02 (the Show of Force) I start the first dynamic mission. I have coordinates from debrief after mission 02 (42 28 02.14731 N

42 15 45.05585 E). I chose the SEAD mission. In the mission planner I moved WP2 (Players WP to edit) to these coordinates. Mission start, after authorization with AWACS I fly to WP2 and ..... I don't see anything there !! Only buildings. My question - what does mean coordinates obtained in the debriefing? What are coordinates for if there is nothing there?


Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

__________________________________________________________

i76700K Over to 4.6/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SMN said:

About coordinates ... After mission 02 (the Show of Force) I start the first dynamic mission. I have coordinates from debrief after mission 02 (42 28 02.14731 N

42 15 45.05585 E). I chose the SEAD mission. In the mission planner I moved WP2 (Players WP to edit) to these coordinates. Mission start, after authorization with AWACS I fly to WP2 and ..... I don't see anything there !! Only buildings. My question - what does mean coordinates obtained in the debriefing? What are coordinates for if there is nothing there?

 

Hey, during your debriefing you can go to the F10 Map and see the red mark (circle). This will be your optional ground target. 

The targets are map objects so yes they are buildings 🙂 You don't have to search for any additional placed unit.

 

An important note. The strike coordinates are optional (except of the special missions that will pop up later). 

That means that you can execute other roles/ tasks apart from strike but if you select to execute strike, then these are the coordinates that you should attack. 

Hope that helps.

 

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, gregzagk сказал:

Hey, during your debriefing you can go to the F10 Map and see the red mark (circle). This will be your optional ground target. 

The targets are map objects so yes they are buildings 🙂 You don't have to search for any additional placed unit.

 

An important note. The strike coordinates are optional (except of the special missions that will pop up later). 

That means that you can execute other roles/ tasks apart from strike but if you select to execute strike, then these are the coordinates that you should attack. 

Hope that helps.

 

Greg

Ок, I understood that if I choose the mission option - strike, then I need to bomb the indicated building - is that right?
Now I finished
first dynamic mission and I went to the F10 Map and did not see the red mark (circle) !!
Screenshorts attached:
Screen_210227_194538.jpg

 

Screen_210227_200414.jpg

 

Wow, after check with coordinates I found this red mark (circle) ! This red color is practically invisible on the map ! Maybe need change color of circle to white ? I really did not see this red mark (circle), I searched for it for 10 minutes and ... did not see it

Map.png


Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

__________________________________________________________

i76700K Over to 4.6/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Link to post
Share on other sites

how to turn off easy radio ??

303 & Friends discord

 

Hangar :

 

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A question.. Destroyed objects in a mission - are they "reborn" in the next mission, or do they remain as destroyed? For example, several enemy fighters and SAMs were destroyed in the mission. Is this taken into account in the next missions or not? Or is each mission a new one, independent of the previous mission?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

__________________________________________________________

i76700K Over to 4.6/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SMN said:

A question.. Destroyed objects in a mission - are they "reborn" in the next mission, or do they remain as destroyed? For example, several enemy fighters and SAMs were destroyed in the mission. Is this taken into account in the next missions or not? Or is each mission a new one, independent of the previous mission?

 

Hey, the losses and any events in general are taken into account in the campaign's calculations and generate the code for each mission.

As mentioned in the briefings and status, the SAMs are mobile units so they are moving anyways a bit further or even further away from their initial locations depending on the events. 

 

For the fighters we don't count specific numbers but the losses impact the air superiority variables. 

As you have specific squadron packages (e.g. Fish, Trimmer etc) those ones are available again even if they are shot down simulating that they are being rescued through CSAR missions. Their temporary losses count though again in the background. 

 

Greg

 

 

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you have to do to get air superiority? XO keeps telling me we can concentrate on air to ground but we get met with 7-10 fighters every mission. I’m 16 missions in, we clean the sky of them every mission, how many Migs do they have😅!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi BD

 

Thanks for a most excellent campaign. 

 

One small question. I have just completed a successful strike mission. Bombed a building with JDAM suspected ex Navy Seal in the building. Amazing mission bombing thru 2.7 clouds wow.

 

Message said strike mission completed successfully 

 

Landed on carrier and got new code and coords for next mission. SEAD. 

 

But when I exit I can't end the mission. Just fly again or cancel.

 

Can I just cancel and then use codes which will progress me anyway

 

Thanks Again

 

Grubes

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, Grubenstein said:

Hi BD

 

Thanks for a most excellent campaign. 

 

One small question. I have just completed a successful strike mission. Bombed a building with JDAM suspected ex Navy Seal in the building. Amazing mission bombing thru 2.7 clouds wow.

 

Message said strike mission completed successfully 

 

Landed on carrier and got new code and coords for next mission. SEAD. 

 

But when I exit I can't end the mission. Just fly again or cancel.

 

Can I just cancel and then use codes which will progress me anyway

 

Thanks Again

 

Grubes

 

 

Hey! First of all we would like to thank you for your purchase. Unfortunately end mission bug is a DCS related issue, reported to ED. 

 

You can cancel and use the newly acquired code and the mission will progress.😉 The only thing that will not change is the time and the weather conditions on the mission. In case you want the weather and time to advance, there is a workaround. Once you start a new mission take off and land immediately in this way you will be able to press the end mission button. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...