TWS Sorting selection

Spartan111sqn

Dear all, impresive module!!, congrats!

multiplayer experience in Tomcat with RIO and Pilot is amazing, but also with several Tomcats with human Pilot and Jester. Now is coming my question:

- Is possible to have the Jester selection Menu to fire Phoenix in TWS but selecting the target when there are several of them?

I mean the one way we have today is through STT selecting the target number, can in MP two Tomcat (in spread) with Pilot and Jester perform two shots in TWS to two different targets approaching?, at this circumstance both Tomcat computers have the same priorities in radar and both would shot at the same target in TWS, just to be able to select the next one for one of the tomcats.

By the way, thanks for this impresive bird.

P.S.: I would pay again the same for the F-14D, but I know the situation, just for you to know.

Only from the RIO pit unfortunately (skip next or chose next track or something like that) . No way to manually sort the targets out from the pilot seat AFAIK.

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

9 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

Only from the RIO pit unfortunately (skip next or chose next track or something like that) . No way to manually sort the targets out from the pilot seat AFAIK.

Thanks,  yes I know,  but that feature would be interesting, just give the possibility to do that, MP experience I tactical flying would be greater with several tomcats with only pilots.

Just now, Spartan111sqn said:

Thanks,  yes I know,  but that feature would be interesting, just give the possibility to do that, MP experience I tactical flying would be greater with several tomcats with only pilots.

Don't you think so?, you can ask jester to move radar down, up, long range, short range, so just select the target to be fired in tws

I think the jester radial menu should just display the order numbers on the TID, since the pilot has the repeater, he can look down and see which number he want's jester to next launch on, so he selects that one and it becomes the new next target:

example: Say there are 3 targets, flying champaign, normally, the WCS will just automatically prioritize them based on distance. So let's say left is 1, right is 2, and center trail is 3. If I want to select center trail 3 as my next target, I pull up the jester menu and select 3. Priority 3 now becomes Priority 1 on the TID and you fire.  

I think this is also how Jester should PDSTT targets, as the AZ ALT, BRG info in the current version can just get too confusing.   

Edited by WelshZeCorgi
  • Like 4

Next launch for Jester is on the list. BTW Jester or for that matter any RIO cannot assign priorities, only the AWG-9 does that automatically. What next launch does, it skips the current priority 1, and makes the current priority 2 the new priority 1.

I think it is better to have it manually, because the AWG-9 can reshuffle prios in certain situations, and if Jester would automatically initiate a sequence of say hitting next launch 3 times, you might skip 1 too many or 1 too few, etc etc.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yeah, manual would work best, especially if it can be bound to a key or button.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

How about this... a bindable “Hook Target” that when pressed, puts a circle around the closest track file, if you press it again within three seconds it jumps to the next closest track file, so on and so on. If you don’t press it for three seconds Jester then hooks that track file. Then on top of that there is a bindable “Next Launch”. 

• Like 2

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

12 hours ago, Spiceman said:

How about this... a bindable “Hook Target” that when pressed, puts a circle around the closest track file, if you press it again within three seconds it jumps to the next closest track file, so on and so on. If you don’t press it for three seconds Jester then hooks that track file.

And what would pilot say? "Jester, I'm just sending you telepathic message, focus."

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

And what would pilot say? "Jester, I'm just sending you telepathic message, focus."

Hook closest?

32 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

Hook closest?

I was refering to the selection circle proposed by Spiceman. "Hook closest" would work... for the closest. Hooking is a RIO thing anyway but since Jester cannot communicate with our wingman RIOs the next launch function is needed at least for the pilot to request.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

29 minutes ago, draconus said:

I was refering to the selection circle proposed by Spiceman. "Hook closest" would work... for the closest. Hooking is a RIO thing anyway but since Jester cannot communicate with our wingman RIOs the next launch function is needed at least for the pilot to request.

yes, on that way two human pilots can perform the desired sorting when flying together in AA. Whatever it is, we need something to get such posibility for TWS engagement with human wingman.

• Like 1

it should be better by number assigned by the computer or BRA the selection, maybe the closest is no factor and you want to engage another one that is behind or whatever.

So the human select to Jester the contact that wants to fire according to the computer number assigned.

Would absolutely love a 'Jester, priority next TWS track' button.

When there's a couple of us flying together (both front seat) its a pain that one of us has to go to STT lock and can only fire one missile, as both our Jesters want to lock the same targets in the same order in TWS, when in a multi bandit BVR engagement.

Edited by DD_fruitbat
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

On a related note, one thing that could be done in the real aircraft was that the Backseater could 'interrogate' the target in question. This would be a good thing to bug Jester about, especially if you're in a situation where you simply can not see the target, and there's a chance it might be a civilian airliner (per ROE). I know he somethings does this automatically, and sometimes the AWG-9 does it for him, but there are times where the blasted thing locks up a friendly unit.... while you're egressing out, and it can be a tad annoying when all of a sudden you've got the T in front of your HUD when you're looking for the carrier.