DSC WORLD DOES NOT WORK WITH OCULUS QUEST 2

Gene Chicago

I own an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and want to reliably use it with DCS World. However, the headset sometimes work and more often than not, does not work and give the "UNKNOWN SOURCES" warning. The warning says go to settings > general and enable unknown sources option which is already enabled. 

I do not let any windows computers go online under any circumstances. Only let windows briefly access internet when DCS gets authorization since Windows platforms are notoriously unstable. I use Linux and Mac for internet access.

I would like to solve this issue. Is there a good fix for this "unknown sources" issue?

so for me it does work, surprising well wasnt expecting much from this stand alone headset but with the link - wow alot of value for £300.  Title of post is very misleading to be honest.

Sorry not helpful but its something hardware or software at your end.  

I'm guessing its something to do with not having internet - the oculus software no doubt will want to check the connection also.

Try running it normally aka with internet access on your pc.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

If so, how were you able to make it work? Which settings. DCS Wold VR option has been enabled. Apparently some people have technical issues with it.

As for leaving a Windows computer connected to internet, that has been tried. It really does not change anything at all.

"UNKNOWN SOURCES" warning pops out again and even if you go to Oculus Quest 2 settings and take care of the "UNKNOWN SOURCES" authorization, nothing changes.

It seems to me like another bad practice with the tech industry. Cook only 70% and market it. Well, I am never gonna pay for anything until there is a sound solution. 

@Gene Chicago I had this error while trying to make Elite Dangerous (Steam VR version) work with my father's Quest 2 via Oculus Link.

The message can be misleading: you have to enable "unknown sources" in the PC Oculus software, not on the Quest 2 !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thank you for all the great advice. However "Unknown Sources" option under settings > general has been enabled in the PC environment, not anywhere else. I kept the Windows computer online tho I dont like any Windows computer to access the internet. 

Still it comes back with the unknown sources warning. 

Is there a sound solution to this problem?

I flew yesterday with my Quest 2 (Oculus Link) and it worked well. Surprisingly I didn't even have to select the "unknow sources" thing.

What I did :

• installed Oculus beta channel
  • plugged in my Quest 2
  • selected "Oculus Link" in the Quest
  • went to the "Desktop" in the PC Oculus to be able to see my PC desktop in the Quest
  • ran the DCS Updater Utility (by Skatezilla) that I use to start DCS
  • selected my VR profile in the utility
  • started DCS with the utility

And that's all...

• Like 2

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You're welcome ; holler if you need help.

Of course, it's not as crisp as with, say, a G2. The video encoder part is setup to use a lower resolution than the one you can choose in the Oculus Software, I'd guess.

Still, I had 72 fps (maxed out my refresh rate) with the same options that gave me 30 fps (half refresh) on the G2.

If I crank the Pixel Density to 1.5 (which is huge if you ask me) I get 36 fps (half refresh).

• Like 1