Map for airshows?

james37611

Hello all,

Been on the forum for some time just never had much time on DCS. I've been doing some practise displays with the TF-51D with the aim of eventually getting some DLC aircraft to put together my own fictious airshow. I was doing the TF-51 on the default free map, but was quite tricky as each airfield I tried there seemed to be another base with a runway near each other, so on playing the replay, I find that I ended up displaying at the other base!!!

Is there any good isolated bases on the map to try, or if there's any good DLC maps that has an air base ideal for this?

Being fictional there's no boundaries to what air forces are involved, so there's no country in mind so that doesn't matter, just an ideal base that I can take off/land at, and doesn't have one close by so when I eyeball the runway having done a loop or circle, I know it's the same airbase!

Any help appreciated!

James.

Mineralnyje Wody is a rather isolated airfield on Caucasus.

But if you only talk about eyeball distance, basically every airbase on Caucasus, except Soganlug Vaziani and the third as well as Krosnadar, are airbases, in which you can only see one with "eyeball" distance.

I think this is more an issue of not knowing the controls. You can press F1 or F2 to put the camera by your plane (F1 is cockpit, F2 is external), then Left Ctrl F11 to decouple the camera. You can them move it around. If you just press F11 you'll have to cycle through all the bases to find the right one.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files