Track bug?

madcat-

Yesterday I DL two track files and in both of them the player exploded suddenly. Then, late night I was recording a track in multiplayer. Me and the other player took off and flew for app 5min. After the flight I opened the track file and, for my surprise, his plane goes straight to the grass and explodes before take off.

Is it some kind of track bug or what?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to have to say yes to that... ;)

On rare occasions I've seen tracks where wingmen (AI or multiplayer) aren't traced in the correct positions and since a track is not just a "recording" of events, but a "recreation" (in real time) the sim will model ground, proximity to other jets etc. as it sees it, leading to events that didn't exactly occur the same way when it was flown.

Luckily disparities like this seem to happen very infrequently though and the tracks for the most part are very accurate.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |