TXDSG setup

AegisFX

In multiplayer, will there be a way to manually create a “flight” for target designation sharing. 

under the current setup, multiplayer is only with individual pilots leading their own solo flights.

proposals:

1. Up to 4 F-18C units in editor get an option to share data as single flight. I would ask that this option be extended to other aircraft as well, such as A-10C units with their own networked capabilities.

2. Hopefully we see the sim able to make wingman slots human playable across the board. The single flight has 1 waypoint, etc. 

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

15 minutes ago, AegisFX said:

In multiplayer, will there be a way to manually create a “flight” for target designation sharing. 

under the current setup, multiplayer is only with individual pilots leading their own solo flights.

That's not correct. They only go solo if the mission maker set it up as a one plane section. I second your request to set up your own section/pair after the mission has started, like the A10C.

Edited by BarTzi

16 minutes ago, BarTzi said:

That's not correct. They only go solo if the mission maker set it up as a one plane section. I second your request to set up your own section/pair after the mission has started, like the A10C.

I admit, I haven’t played in 6 months, but previously the sim has never allowed multiple human pilots in the same. Humans could always have an AI wingman, but could never have another human wingman.

are you saying that core function has been changed at some point?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

1 minute ago, AegisFX said:

I admit, I haven’t played in 6 months, but previously the sim has never allowed multiple human pilots in the same. Humans could always have an AI wingman, but could never have another human wingman.

are you saying that core function has been changed at some point?

What do you mean? You can have a human wingman (it's been like that since forever). Each group of planes in DCS can have up to four members, and all of them can be flown by human pilots. 

The mission maker might change it so that some groups have only one member in them. In that case, you won't be able to have a wingman that appears in the S\A page as a part of your flight.

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 1

In Multiplayer, the editor has never allowed a human controlled unit to be anything other than a flight lead, like Hawg 1-1. The editor has never allowed a human player to be Hawg 1-2. Wingman of the Hawg 1-x group. 

what I’m asking is if this particular dynamic has been changed. You’re claiming this has always been the case, but I certainly remember asking for that change a long time ago.

see this thread I made, 

Art Of The Kill:

1 hour ago, AegisFX said:

In Multiplayer, the editor has never allowed a human controlled unit to be anything other than a flight lead, like Hawg 1-1. The editor has never allowed a human player to be Hawg 1-2. Wingman of the Hawg 1-x group. 

what I’m asking is if this particular dynamic has been changed. You’re claiming this has always been the case, but I certainly remember asking for that change a long time ago.

see this thread I made, 

Youve been able to put multiple player groups down for at least as long as hornet has had MIDS. What I don't think you can do is have an AI lead and Human wingman, but I havent tried that.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

see this thread I made, 

For MP, you set up aircrafts 1,2,3,4 in a flight as Client and like that, you can create flights. The game will recognize that you're a part of that flight and you'll see other players as wingmen, with PPLIs A, B, C or D, on the SA page, for example.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Updated the stable branch. Had no idea we were there guys. Whoops.

Art Of The Kill:

14 hours ago, AegisFX said:

Updated the stable branch. Had no idea we were there guys. Whoops.

This feature got implemented some months ago.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 1/26/2021 at 12:34 AM, AegisFX said:

see this thread I made, 

What are we even talking about? 

This is what you said: "under the current setup, multiplayer is only with individual pilots leading their own solo flights".

This is entirely wrong. You can setup a flight of multiple clients as a group of up to four aircraft. You can also set the lead of that flight to be AI, and the rest as playable slots ('client'). This is done via the mission editor.

If you fly a mission that is made of individual pilots leading their own groups, it means that the mission maker CHOSE to set it up that way, not that this is a DCS limitation.

However, the thread you linked leads to a completely different topic:  having the ability to manually set up groups after the mission has started, like in the A10C. It's a different thing entirely, and obviously - a welcome addition.  

Edited by BarTzi