"LOCK" voice announcement implementation?

Skysurfer

I assume this will show up once the F-16 starts getting more attention once the F-18 gets feature complete.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They'll be giving the F-16 more attention soon and start adding/fixing features. Before that happens though, they gotta get the F/A-18C, Mi-24 and AH-64 out of early access... 😎

• Like 4

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, Skysurfer said:

Can we exepect this to be implemented for each time you get an STT lock given the voice file is already implemented and is played while performing the respective system test?

This is correct behaviour. The LOCK voice message is heard during ground test, but is not operable in flight.

11 hours ago, Alpiinoo said:

+1 still no callout. I think it is simple code.

It's actually so simple to code that ED coded it correctly without adding a single line of code.

22 hours ago, SpaceMonkey037 said:

This is correct behaviour. The LOCK voice message is heard during ground test, but is not operable in flight.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 9:19 AM, SpaceMonkey037 said:

So that's mean there will be no voice "LOCK" in dogfight mode?

30 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

So that's mean there will be no voice "LOCK" in dogfight mode?

On 4/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, SpaceMonkey037 said:

3 hours ago, Rubberduck85 said:

Can you share more information? Not operable for the specific version/tape simulated by ED or in general?

Regards

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. I've searched far and wide and our F-16 actually has the lock message.
Afaik, only when in ACM modes will you get the lock message when the radar locks a target. This is the case for at least the block 40,42, 50 and 52. The greek block 50/52, the OCU versions and the MLU's all don't have the LOCK message from what I know.
Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Edited by SpaceMonkey037
  • Thanks 1

I stand corrected. I've searched far and wide and our F-16 actually has the lock message.
Afaik, only when in ACM modes will you get the lock message when the radar locks a target. This is the case for at least the block 40,42, 50 and 52. The greek block 50/52, the OCU versions and the MLU's all don't have the LOCK message from what I know.
Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Yes It's a ACM only thing, apparently even HAF Vipers have it, you can see here in this video I found:

During this mock dogfight (sim mode is engaged) at 0:39 switching to vertical scan, then bore and obtaining lock (with VMS " lock" call) at 0:52.

I said apparently because of the description contained in the video.

Regards

40 minutes ago, Rubberduck85 said:

Yes It's a ACM only thing, apparently even HAF Vipers have it, you can see here in this video I found:

During this mock dogfight (sim mode is engaged) at 0:39 switching to vertical scan, then bore and obtaining lock (with VMS " lock" call) at 0:52.

I said apparently because of the description contained in the video.

Regards

Whether the greeks have it or not is really irrelevant. All that matters is that we should have it in our F-16.

17 minutes ago, SpaceMonkey037 said:

Whether the greeks have it or not is really irrelevant. All that matters is that we should have it in our F-16.

It is a Block 50 video and YES all F-16C have that sound!!!!! for LOCK in dogfight modes 

Just now, Geraki said:

It is a Block 50 video and YES all F-16C have that sound!!!!! for LOCK in dogfight modes 

The greek F-16C block 50 does NOT have an in-flight function for the LOCK message. This I am very sure about, your statement about ALL F-16Cs having the LOCK message is incorrect.

1.I have flown the  Real Sim HAF F-16 Block 50 with LOCK sound in it

2. in the video from HAF training BFM the person how speaks is my friend!!

And yes all Hellenic airforce F-16 have the lock sound notification in dogfight mods.

Below is a block 30 real dogf video with man voice lock sound older block version

i am happy to know your resourses on that.......

Edited by Geraki
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Geraki said:

1.I have flown the  Real Sim HAF F-16 Block 50 with LOCK sound in it

2. in the video from HAF training BFM the person how speaks is my friend!!

And yes all Hellenic airforce F-16 have the lock sound notification in dogfight mods.

Below is a block 30 real dogf video with man voice lock sound older block version

i am happy to know your resourses on that.......

HAF T.O.F-16CJ-1 Clearly states that the lock voice message is not functional in-flight. I am not surprised that the greek block 30 has the message, but the block 50/52 does not.

8 hours ago, SpaceMonkey037 said:

HAF T.O.F-16CJ-1 Clearly states that the lock voice message is not functional in-flight. I am not surprised that the greek block 30 has the message, but the block 50/52 does not.

F-16CJ-1  block 50/52 page 1-145  VOICE MESSAGE SYSTEM (VMS)

LOCKLOCK - Advises that radar has locked on to target. Refer to GR1F16CJ3411 for a detailed description.   page 1-216  

Upon target lock-on, the VMU provides a recorded advisory (LOCK - LOCK) in the headset. Especialy block 50 block 52 and block 52 Advanced have only one LOCK recorded advisory.

Here a HAF F-16 Block 52 HUD video during real dogfight 

So full stop here period........

Edited by Geraki
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

This video is also a good example of how well the lock is established in a dogfight.

Since this bug report got squashed as "correct as is":

I have to assume that the entire greek video must be fake! /sarcasm

• Like 6

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline