DCS hint to pilot to disarm ejection seat prior to taxing into hangar.

DmitriKozlowsky

1) While true in real life, there is no penalty for not disarming in DCS. You'll just eject through the object.

2) I guess that most people don't care about checklist and procedures anyway, so very limited use (and no real benefit in DCS itself). Would the effort be worth it?

3) If such a thing is implemented, it should be expanded to a checklist feature aswell. Not only optional for those who want it, but it would allow following checklists, including disarming the seat under certain conditions. Like an interactive checklist, or even on the kneeboard by default.

• Like 1

I don't know about the ejection seat thing specifically, I think only a tiny fraction of the player base would ever really need/use that.

However... an interactive kneeboard would be a really neat feature to have at some point. But also should be fairly low down the priority list.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Funny thing is, I'm pretty good at remembering to safe the ejection seat when shutting down (if I make it that far), I actually somehow manage to forget to arm it when doing cold starts.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I wonder if that has ever happened. A perfect storm of forgets. Pilot recovers the aircraft. Taxis into hangar. Forgets to disarm seat prior to entering hangar. During shutdown, 'something' happens and ejection seat fires. Straight into ceiling. Depending on design, pilot has to halt the aircraft at hangar entrance, disarm seat, or open canopy for chief to insert safety pins, inhibiting seat fire. Then pilot taxies into hangar and shuts down.

27 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Funny thing is, I'm pretty good at remembering to safe the ejection seat when shutting down (if I make it that far), I actually somehow manage to forget to arm it when doing cold starts.

The warning panel should be blinking like crazy or glowing. Just the word SEAT is enough to get attention.

1 minute ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

The warning panel should be blinking like crazy or glowing. Just the word SEAT is enough to get attention.

Never stops me from doing it though. Mind you when playing on a 15.6" laptop, zoomed so you can see little more than the HUD, you don't always notice it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I usually don't enter the hangar. I suppose the military jet pilot should leave it for the ground crew to turn it around and tug it back into hangar. I do it only for pass-through roof-covered parking places and didn't think of disarming the seat - now I'll do, thx. Either way it's not "DCS" job to remind the pilot of such things. A RIO can do this, sure, and already does in startup procedure (Jester), not checking the roof however 🙂 And the roof collision should be implemented.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

i live near Oceana NAS and ejection seat malfunctions do happen. when i read this post i immediately recalled this particular story  https://apnews.com/article/f2a373edb22890855dc159e8ad405c21

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain