Reverb G2

Komrad

You might try this:  https://3dwardprinting.com/

I plan on trying it once I get my prescription inserts.

I did purchase the VRCover Frankenfov mod, but found the light leak around the nose to be distracting.

Hope this helps

Edited by Tshark

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

5 hours ago, Burt said:

Thanks I may have to give that one a try. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yea that 1 he likes. I think I’m gonna get prescription lenses from vrwave I wonder if that may help alittle. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 2/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, Tshark said:

You might try this:  https://3dwardprinting.com/

I plan on trying it once I get my prescription inserts.

I did purchase the VRCover Frankenfov mod, but found the light leak around the nose to be distracting.

Hope this helps

I just got this in the mail and had a chance to try it out.  It gets you very close to the lenses, almost too close.  Im using it with the thicker 12mm vive pro pad.  It’s nice that it doesn’t pinch the sides of my face and because my eyes are already closer to the lenses I don’t have to clamp it down as tightly making it much more comfortable than the stock gasket. 

The headset no longer feels like a snorkel mask, it makes a huge difference in this regard.  The view seems more expansive just subjectively even towards the inside of your view.  I haven’t measured the fov change but I had to increase the hmd_mask size because I could actually see the mask at the defaults.

Being so close to the lenses has its advantages and disadvantages.  It does increase the sweet spot, which I never really had a problem with, but since you are seeing more of the screens through the outer extremes of the lenses there is more chromatic aberration.  You can really see it when you try to look dead ahead and then glance down at the stick without moving your head.  Being closer to the lenses also makes you more aware of changes in resolution and super sampling.  I would definitely call the trade offs worth it. 

7 hours ago, captainHelmet said:

I just got this in the mail and had a chance to try it out.  It gets you very close to the lenses, almost too close.  Im using it with the thicker 12mm vive pro pad.  It’s nice that it doesn’t pinch the sides of my face and because my eyes are already closer to the lenses I don’t have to clamp it down as tightly making it much more comfortable than the stock gasket. 

The headset no longer feels like a snorkel mask, it makes a huge difference in this regard.  The view seems more expansive just subjectively even towards the inside of your view.  I haven’t measured the fov change but I had to increase the hmd_mask size because I could actually see the mask at the defaults.

Being so close to the lenses has its advantages and disadvantages.  It does increase the sweet spot, which I never really had a problem with, but since you are seeing more of the screens through the outer extremes of the lenses there is more chromatic aberration.  You can really see it when you try to look dead ahead and then glance down at the stick without moving your head.  Being closer to the lenses also makes you more aware of changes in resolution and super sampling.  I would definitely call the trade offs worth it. 

Thanks for the review!  My only concern will be if my prescription lens inserts will fit.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Several months ago, I decided to go against conventional wisdom and set my in game PD slider to 0.5 and SteamVR SS to max (ended up at 400%).

Per Game, not Global.

Made a HUGE difference across the board. This was originally with my Vive Cosmos Elite, now with G2.

Test this on your rig with FPSVR. For me, I got an immediate reduction in GPU frametime, NVRAM usage and steady fps. 

My in game settings:

settings.JPG

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 2/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Morat said:

How good does the TP look to other people with the G2

I have a 1080ti and it looks AMAZING. For the first time since swapping from using a Vive Cosmos Elite, I can clearly see the AI gunner sitting on his AA cannon on the ground from about 9,000 ft.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Sr. said:

I have a 1080ti and it looks AMAZING. For the first time since swapping from using a Vive Cosmos Elite, I can clearly see the AI gunner sitting on his AA cannon on the ground from about 9,000 ft.

Guess I just need that 3080 to finally turn up!

Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, Morat said:

Guess I just need that 3080 to finally turn up!

Thanks for the reply

Same here... I check daily.

Multiple times daily 😑

--Arthur C Clark

I wonder if anybody could tell me why I get stutters and FPS drop when I switch jets in a BFM multiplayer server. Like if I start out with a Hornet I get a smooth play @ 45 FPS and fpsvr is showing good numbers and green scales, but when I switch to a Viper and especially a Tomcat it immediately starts to stutter and FPS goes from a smooth 45fps to as low as 13-20 FPS, fpsvr scales goes orange/ red ... but if I go back to the Hornet everything starts to run stable again.

What causes that effect?

Start Date April 2020 

Maybe it's just because the F-14 and F-16 are more demanding and resource hungry for some reason? I've noticed both those modules are the most demanding to run in terms of good fps even in single player.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Burt said:

I wonder if anybody could tell me why I get stutters and FPS drop when I switch jets in a BFM multiplayer server. Like if I start out with a Hornet I get a smooth play @ 45 FPS and fpsvr is showing good numbers and green scales, but when I switch to a Viper and especially a Tomcat it immediately starts to stutter and FPS goes from a smooth 45fps to as low as 13-20 FPS, fpsvr scales goes orange/ red ... but if I go back to the Hornet everything starts to run stable again.

What causes that effect?

I've noticed the same. I get better performance in the Hornet than I will in a P-51 or the Viper.

--Arthur C Clark

On 2/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, dburne said:

Thanks I may have to give that one a try. 

Your welcome ... you helped me when I first got my G2 so I try to give back.

Start Date April 2020 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:46 AM, Sr. said:

Several months ago, I decided to go against conventional wisdom and set my in game PD slider to 0.5 and SteamVR SS to max (ended up at 400%).

Per Game, not Global.

Made a HUGE difference across the board. This was originally with my Vive Cosmos Elite, now with G2.

Test this on your rig with FPSVR. For me, I got an immediate reduction in GPU frametime, NVRAM usage and steady fps. 

Okay, so this is really interesting.  You say you're getting a good image with these settings?  I'm happy with the image and FPS running PD of 1.2 and Steam VR SS at 100%.  But I'll try it . . . owning VR means always adjusting the settings!  😄

BTW . . . For those still hunting for a 3080, I got mine by signing up for one of those free alert services.  I think it was HotStock.  I was annoyed by it for weeks.  Then one day it alerted me when some were available and I was able to place an order.  I didn't try to buy a second one though.  That would be sleezy.  Geeze, who would try that?  🤥

Edited by Full Refund

ORIGINAL:  8088 4.77 Mhz  |  640kb RAM UPGRADE  |  TANDY 16-COLOR VIDEO  |  DUAL 5.25" FLOPPY DRIVES  |  13" VGA MONITOR  |  TANDY DELUXE JOYSTICK

CURRENT:  i5-12600k @ 5.0 Ghz  |  32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz  |  NVIDIA RTX 4090  |  3TB NVMe M.2 DRIVES  |  Pimax 8KX |  X56 RHINO HOTAS  |  VKB T-RUDDER Mk.IV  |  SIMSHAKER  |  VOICEATTACK w/VIACOM Pro

1 hour ago, Full Refund said:

Okay, so this is really interesting.  You say you're getting a good image with these settings?  I'm happy with the image and FPS running PD of 1.2 and Steam VR SS at 100%.  But I'll try it . . . owning VR means always adjusting the settings!  😄

BTW . . . For those still hunting for a 3080, I got mine by signing up for one of those free alert services.  I think it was HotStock.  I was annoyed by it for weeks.  Then one day it alerted me when some were available and I was able to place an order.  I didn't try to buy a second one though.  That would be sleezy.  Geeze, who would try that?  🤥

Thanks for the tip. I'm a watcher now.

--Arthur C Clark

• Like 1

Start Date April 2020 

2 hours ago, Burt said:

That is certainly interesting.

May play around with that in my Reverb G2 tomorrow.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Pixel density was never cost effective for me. After experimenting with everyone else's setting suggestions, I left my PD at 1.0 and run MSAAx2. The cost of MSAA is worth it to me because it reduces shimmering terrain effects. I only wish I could run MSAAx4 and still have solid frame rates.

It has never occurred to me to try PD 0.5. If I like 1.0 better than 1.4 why not 0.5 better than 1.0, presuming the Steam setting cancels out the loss in quality.

My replacement G2 just arrived today. Time to try this out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, streakeagle said:

Pixel density was never cost effective for me. After experimenting with everyone else's setting suggestions, I left my PD at 1.0 and run MSAAx2. The cost of MSAA is worth it to me because it reduces shimmering terrain effects. I only wish I could run MSAAx4 and still have solid frame rates.

It has never occurred to me to try PD 0.5. If I like 1.0 better than 1.4 why not 0.5 better than 1.0, presuming the Steam setting cancels out the loss in quality.

My replacement G2 just arrived today. Time to try this out.

I have been running my G2 at 100% Steam VR resolution and no MSAA.

Don B

My original settings are in-game pd of 1.0 and SteamVR at 48% (very close to native resolution).

Did an experiment with in-game pd of 0.5 and varied the Steam level.

I didn't really see any performance or quality gains compared to using pd of 1.0 and various steam levels.

I had MSAA off the other day for a specific mission that needed every fps I could give it. As soon as I stopped playing that mission, I turned it back on. The shimmering textures and aliasing bother me too much to not have some MSAA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

I had MSAA off the other day for a specific mission that needed every fps I could give it. As soon as I stopped playing that mission, I turned it back on. The shimmering textures and aliasing bother me too much to not have some MSAA.

Am the same way, one thing I could never stand in PC games is aliasing and shimmer, and that goes double in VR! Any sort of performance gain is not worth looking at garbage graphics. I do wonder sometimes when I see people fettling their PD and SS and then say they run with no MSAA....

Am going to try out the PD 0.5 as I currently run PD 1.0 and 50% SS same as you, but won't be disabling MSAA 2X. 

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I tried it and it didn’t work for me. I try to tune to multiplier/bfm so for my rig right now I’m running pd@ 9 and steamvr @80% and setting the video multiplier @54 like Bignewy and I’m always at 45 smooth FPS with my fpsvr in the green. That’s all what I know about all this stuff. My new rig with a 3090 will be here in 2 weeks and I’ll be starting all over again... but I’m learning how to tweak now

Edited by Burt

Start Date April 2020