Reverb G2

Komrad

Very helpful captHelmet ! Thx I haven’t done the shader thing yet but we’ll try on my next session w/ the G2. 

also is your DCS resolution @54% is that the multiplier slider?

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Thx to both CaptHelmet and Burt for the replies. I am stuck in work at the moment so cant trial, but looking forward to experimenting tonight.

Already done lots of the underlying windows tweaks, but I think my issue lies predominently with the SteamVR settings. I have been completed confused on how to set the Global resolution vs the application specific multiplier.

Should the global resolution (or whatever its called) always be set to 100% 3164x3096 and you adjust the multiplier on a per application basis in the Video section of SteamVR? 

Thx

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Same here... I think In the pre app res/multiplier you have to select DCS open beta for me and then make the adjustments, seems that I had it backwards. I can’t wait to get back to the tweaking after captHelmets post.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, parxuk said:

Thx to both CaptHelmet and Burt for the replies. I am stuck in work at the moment so cant trial, but looking forward to experimenting tonight.

Already done lots of the underlying windows tweaks, but I think my issue lies predominently with the SteamVR settings. I have been completed confused on how to set the Global resolution vs the application specific multiplier.

Should the global resolution (or whatever its called) always be set to 100% 3164x3096 and you adjust the multiplier on a per application basis in the Video section of SteamVR? 

Thx

That is what I do, Global at 100% and per application as desired. No sense having two working together.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

20 hours ago, captainHelmet said:

Make sure to use the experimental cross eye fix tool.  There is something wrong with the way the G2 displays are calibrated with DCS.

Where do I get this tool please, and is this why my eyes hurt when I use VR zoom? Didnt have any problems zooming with my Rift S, but zooming in the G2 is off in comparison.

Edit: Sorry, that was lazy of me to ask and not search. I Presume this is it here?

Edited by parxuk

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

2 hours ago, captainHelmet said:

Yeah thats it.  You can leave that window up as you load a mission.  So open a mission where you have to spot something far away and make sure the settings are comfortable for viewing things at a distance and in the cockpit.

Thanks for all the help people. After 4 days of struggling and feeling like I had blown £650 on a G2 which couldnt better my Rift S I am now a convert. I can read the dials, and the colours are superb. Very little to no shimmering and my frame rates/settings are probably now higher than they were with the Rift, with much much more clarity.

CptHelmet, I am so glad you mentioned about the cross eye fix, that was the icing on the cake because I am convinced since experimenting with some of the options, I have now found one which is more comfortable and the sweet spot is huge. Anywhere I look unless I really try going to the extremes and looking out the corner of my eyes seem to be in focus.

Also, have to say VRFPS has been an amazing tool also. I had heard it mentioned previously, but as I wasn't using Steam with the Rift I didnt bother with it, but being able to see your performance in real time is amazing. For anyone struggling to dial in your settings, I highly recommend it.

The other great tweak I did tonight (though I kind of didnt like doing it) was to remove the rubber nose insert, so that I have a small gap where I can look down my nose and see my keyboard. The Rift S was good as the nose insert was detachable, but on the G2 it's held on with some adhesive. Easy enough to remove without breaking though.

Edited by parxuk

I just received my G2 a couple weeks ago. Have not been able to upgrade my gpu, still running on a 1070. All the information above has been very helpful. I've managed to make it usable until I can find the FE 3080 (the only 3080 that will fit in my computer). Been trying for months on Best Buy.

One thing I have not been able to figure out is that sometimes when I start DCS and on the main screen my mouse will not work. I can see the white dot but it will not move. I take the headset off and the mouse will start working. I do have the use mouse box checked under VR in DCS. I have to turn everything off and restart. Is there an easy fix?

Have you got DCS as your window of focus? Alt+Tab and make sure you're on your DCS window, sometimes it's something as simple as that.

Also Windows Mixed Reality can sort of hog the desktop and you have to Windows key+Y to regain desktop mouse control. Maybe it's that?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, parxuk said:

Thanks for all the help people. After 4 days of struggling and feeling like I had blown £650 on a G2 which couldnt better my Rift S I am now a convert. I can read the dials, and the colours are superb. Very little to no shimmering and my frame rates/settings are probably now higher than they were with the Rift, with much much more clarity.

CptHelmet, I am so glad you mentioned about the cross eye fix, that was the icing on the cake because I am convinced since experimenting with some of the options, I have now found one which is more comfortable and the sweet spot is huge. Anywhere I look unless I really try going to the extremes and looking out the corner of my eyes seem to be in focus.

Also, have to say VRFPS has been an amazing tool also. I had heard it mentioned previously, but as I wasn't using Steam with the Rift I didnt bother with it, but being able to see your performance in real time is amazing. For anyone struggling to dial in your settings, I highly recommend it.

The other great tweak I did tonight (though I kind of didnt like doing it) was to remove the rubber nose insert, so that I have a small gap where I can look down my nose and see my keyboard. The Rift S was good as the nose insert was detachable, but on the G2 it's held on with some adhesive. Easy enough to remove without breaking though.

Thats great ! If I may ask what was your final General Resolution per eye and the video custom resolution Multiplier numbers. Like I said above that I had them backwards. I will test tomorrow setting the General per eye @ 100% and the video Custom Res Multiplier @ 48 to 54 %

Thx!

Start Date April 2020 

2 hours ago, Burt said:

Thats great ! If I may ask what was your final General Resolution per eye and the video custom resolution Multiplier numbers. Like I said above that I had them backwards. I will test tomorrow setting the General per eye @ 100% and the video Custom Res Multiplier @ 48 to 54 %

Thx!

Hey Burt. here are my settings. I am locked at 45 and getting that without issue. GPU frametime goes amber sometimes. CPU stays green. Reprojection rate around 3%. PD of 1.0 in DCS. WMR at best settings. Shadows off because I dont think they are done very well or look particularly realistic.

If anyone can suggest improvements to make things better I would be grateful.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by parxuk
  • Thanks 1

Awesome thanks gonna return the my settings this evening. Thanks for sharing the screen shoots 👍🏻I think FINALLY ! Everything is starting to make sense... it sucks getting old ! Haha !

Start Date April 2020 

On 2/20/2021 at 8:51 AM, Burt said:

Awesome thanks gonna return the my settings this evening. Thanks for sharing the screen shoots 👍🏻I think FINALLY ! Everything is starting to make sense... it sucks getting old ! Haha !

From one oldie to another, "getting old" does suck but it is preferable to "getting dead" 😉

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Watching

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 2/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, outhaus said:

I just received my G2 a couple weeks ago. Have not been able to upgrade my gpu, still running on a 1070. All the information above has been very helpful. I've managed to make it usable until I can find the FE 3080 (the only 3080 that will fit in my computer). Been trying for months on Best Buy.

One thing I have not been able to figure out is that sometimes when I start DCS and on the main screen my mouse will not work. I can see the white dot but it will not move. I take the headset off and the mouse will start working. I do have the use mouse box checked under VR in DCS. I have to turn everything off and restart. Is there an easy fix?

Start DCS from within virtual desktop in the cliff House, this fixed the mouse issue for me. 

12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

From one oldie to another, "getting old" does suck but it is preferable to "getting dead" 😉

Haha! So true .

Start Date April 2020 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

i have a g2 and a rtx 2070, tried many things, but what works for me at the moment is i run steam vr at 50%, i then set dcs application to 200%, the allaising you speak of really improved for me , i fly the ka50 atm so might not work on fast jets aswell but worth a try, i also have msaa on in nvidia control panel, but do not use the aa in dcs. 

--Arthur C Clark

My G2 has arrived, and I'm loving it so far - however there's a very big but. My 3080 hasn't arrived (pre-ordered on launch day) and I'm stuck on my trusty Asus 980 Strix.

It shouldn't work at all being a Display Port 1.2 connection but I've managed to get everything running in DCS.

Is it great? No.. but I can just about play. I've flown online in the A10C-2 and it worked. The biggest issue I had was actually the targeting pod. I could just about make out the targets if I leaned right in and fiddled with the contrast/brightness on the MFD.

How good does the TP look to other people with the G2 and a better graphics card? and are there any settings I can look at to specifically help out with the targeting pod?

I'm running 50% resolution in Steam VR and 1.0 in DCS with everything in WMR turned down to minimum. It's not great... GPU time is always orange with some red spikes and framrate is about 35 with MSAA on 2x in DCS. I'm getting up to 50% reprojection too! But until I can get hold of a modern GPU I'm stuck.

Edited by Morat

@Morat try turning off MSAA, it should help a little with the FPS..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

So first impressions of the Reverb have been very positive, I have one question though Im hoping this thread might be able to address.  Has anyone found a good after market face gasket replacement? I find the stock one is very absorbent which is not great in the Australian summer. I have a friend with a 3d Printer knocking up one of the jewcookie https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4666466 ones which I think I can mount a HTCvive cover too, but Im wondering if anyones experimented with the silicon shields for the various occulus models that might fit over the stock set up. There doesnt seem to be an affordable alternative shipping to Australia. 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, Morat said:

My G2 has arrived, and I'm loving it so far - however there's a very big but. My 3080 hasn't arrived (pre-ordered on launch day) and I'm stuck on my trusty Asus 980 Strix.

It shouldn't work at all being a Display Port 1.2 connection but I've managed to get everything running in DCS.

Is it great? No.. but I can just about play. I've flown online in the A10C-2 and it worked. The biggest issue I had was actually the targeting pod. I could just about make out the targets if I leaned right in and fiddled with the contrast/brightness on the MFD.

How good does the TP look to other people with the G2 and a better graphics card? and are there any settings I can look at to specifically help out with the targeting pod?

I'm running 50% resolution in Steam VR and 1.0 in DCS with everything in WMR turned down to minimum. It's not great... GPU time is always orange with some red spikes and framrate is about 35 with MSAA on 2x in DCS. I'm getting up to 50% reprojection too! But until I can get hold of a modern GPU I'm stuck.

What resolution are you running your MFD's? I found moving from 512 to 1024 made a big difference in terms of readbility for the hornet. 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png