Finished the Campaign

Dantagonistic

Hi, I just finished the campaign and wanted to share my thoughts.

I enjoyed the campaign and feel like I honed my Mi-8 skills, especially with using the navigation devices and the sling loads. This campaign seems to be the most robust one I've even played in terms of triggers working correctly.

A few issues I did have:

• Almost all missions had some sort of crash with traffic aircraft or other oil-rig helicopters (such as the Mi-8 or Mi26). The helicopters would often collide with something labelled 'tyre' on the summary screen.
  • Traffic at the airfield was sometimes dangerous, as I'd use the radio as told but sometimes another aircraft would come in to land regardless and potentially cause a crash.
  • The mission where the auditor lands at the sub base had him crash in to another Mi-8 on the same spot. The Mi-8 was on the pad at the start of the mission but was hanging off the side of it rather than being central; I also think his engines were smoking.
  • During the night search for the fishermen, my navigator said he saw them when I was nowhere near their location and in fact I was facing the other way. It would have been nice if he was more specific other than just mentioning the forest. I turned round and headed back up the river and noticed the fire regardless.
  • I had trouble with mission 8 as it seemed some of the longer cargo would swing wildly in an unrealistic manner. I noticed there are some open bugs with sling loads in general and not necessarily unique to this campaign.
  • On mission 15, I was transporting the second cargo when I was told to land immediately due to gearbox issues. Unfortunately, I broke the cargo on descent, which completely failed the mission. On my next attempt, the gearbox never failed and I finished both deliveries successfully and managed to land back at the airfield without issue and with all landing triggers working normally (score 100). Did I miss a trigger or was it only a low chance of the failure occurring? The gearbox is mentioned in the next mission which suggests that it was supposed to break previously.
  • It would have been nice to have an option for dialogue, or at least directions to be repeated. Similarly there could have been more instructions at times, such as the last mission where you land at the helicopter and have to travel to the subbase - no directions are given. Luckily I was fairly familiar with the area at this point and found it myself.

Thanks again for the campaign - I will happily consider buying any campaigns you make in the future!

• Like 2

• ED Team

Thank You for feedback. Will investigate listed issues. Some things are core based and can not be fixed by editing missions. Sorry.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак