WWII AI - Flies Inverted at 110 kts when Damaged - Even Without Engine!

Playing Reflected's Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney campaign I have noticed repeated instances of damaged AI fighters deciding that the best thing they can do is fly inverted with flaps out at 110 kts, usually heading North.  They can do this even when the engine is broken and the prop is not turning.  I can't yet reproduce this in a quick mission, but here are two long tracks which show this (I hope).  You have to play through until the dogfighting over Caen...

Being long tracks they are too big for the forum, so I've put them in this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qzb3zsbr07rqrdm/AACVa_pXjsxyDGvdb1HXmyvka?dl=0

Cheers!

• Like 1

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the same. Although they start out flying north, they actually fly in very wide circles. I have watched this using accelerated time and found they will fly like this indefinitely (i.e. until well after dark) even though trailing fuel and oil. Sometimes the prop is turning very slowly. The enemy AI ignores these planes as if they are dead.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. Dell XPS-8500 24GB, i7-3770@3.40GHz, Win 10Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, TiR, CH hotas and pedals

• 2 weeks later...