MK-82Y Ret bombs ballistics computer. 5 knot cross at tgt, but CCIP pipper is tottally off the HUD

DmitriKozlowsky

MK-82Y Ret bombs ballistics computer. 5 knot cross at tgt, but CCIP piper is totally off the HUD.

Today, I am particularly displeased.

Dropping MK-82Y ballutes on truck convoy , from 500 ft AGL with 5 knot cross at 420 knots IAS. The blipping CCIP piper is totally off the HUD. Target area designated by TPOD. Completely. What's worse, if I reattack with 90 deg change in attack heading, I still get CCIP piper off the HUD.  How the bloody eel is that possible? I tried to reattack from four cardinal and two inbetween cardinal heading. Same damned problem. No solution. With only a 5 knot cross (7 *m/s turbulence) and 30C (90 F). 

Thinking of changing my user name to Mr. Unhappy or SadClown. Yes I am that ticked off.

There are intermittent problems with the CCIP symbology.  ED refuses to acknowledge this.

That said, there may be something else going on for you.  Are you certain you were in CCIP mode?  When you designate a target - by any means - CCIP mode will automatically change to Auto / CCRP.  If you want to make a CCIP drop, you then have to change it back. 

Nav mode was in IFA

MK-82Y were CCIP , MFUSE Nose, EFUSE: Inst.  Good alignment .5:OK prior to switch from GND ALIGN to IFA on stationery aircraft.

A-G Master mode, Master Arm ON, 420 knot runin, flat terrain about 90 feet MSL. Target is linear truck convoy.

"That said, there may be something else going on for you.  Are you certain you were in CCIP mode?  When you designate a target - by any means - CCIP mode will automatically change to Auto / CCRP.  If you want to make a CCIP drop, you then have to change it back. "

I have to check that. I preset all my release options prior to T/O. I did not know that Weapons  Delivery Computer changes delivery options all on its own. I have not noticed it on JDAM , or HARM. If I set those guided weps to TOO and fuse as desired, they stay that way through the mission. Have not noticed on MK-82 gp, and MK-82 Snakeeyes. Those deliver as expected. But I goota check balute versions. Maybe they are just effected by wind a lot more then Snakeeyes.

You can't drop any unguided bombs in CCIP with a target designated by any means.  If you are in CCIP and designate the computer automatically goes into AUTO mode (although CCIP is still show in the SMS, HUD symbology will be AUTO).

Coupled with this the current AUTO logic works incorrectly in any crosswind situation, which is much worse with retarded bombs.  Try either 1) not designating the target, 2) delivering EXACTLY into the wind or 3) trying it in a mission with wind set to 0 at all altitudes.  If you try these 3 you'll see the behaviour pretty easily.  

You can, you just need to re-select CCIP mode after the target designation.  I do it to help with SA when circling for more than one pass.  The other problems still exist though. 
CCIP with a designation is a bug. Long standing bug, but a bug nonetheless

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro