Control assignments not saved !

Doc62

Hi all, I have seen people have had many issues with control assignments, and saving them. I have had this problem, assignments not saved, assignments being repeated etc. I have looked at tutorials on how and where to save control assignments, but I'm not having much luck with this issue. If anyone can point me in the right direction or give help I would be very very grateful. I spend 90% of my time trying to sort this out !

Thx Doc.

Hi Doc. Customizing DCS controls is actually quite simple, as long as you don't mess with the "Load profile" and "Save profile as". I've never used those, and I've never had any issue with controls in the last 9 years.

Don't use anything else than what I show in the video below, and you'll be fine.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Flappie said:

Hi Doc. Customizing DCS controls is actually quite simple, as long as you don't mess with the "Load profile" and "Save profile as". I've never used those, and I've never had any issue with controls in the last 9 years.

Odd. I got into using Save/Load Profiles exactly because DCS was messing my assignments up. The most prominent issue being that with 3 MFD's, two of them are the same name, and DCS will switch them up, so that my middle MFD gets mapped to the controls I setup for the left MFD, and vice-versa. I have those profiles saved like "A10C_MFD_Left" and "A10C_MFD_Center" that I have to reload at least once a week when I launch DCS to get the right mappings to the right MFD.

6 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@MonkwolfI don't own MFDs. Maybe that's why I've never had controls issues after updating?

Maybe, seems plausible that the control issues would depend on what devices and such. Seems like the root of the MFD issue is they come in pairs, named MFD 1 & MFD 2.. so buying a second set to get a 3rd means having 2 1's or 2 2's. Really it's as much or more of a Thrustmaster issue than a DCS issue. Not related to updates, though. 50% chance my two MFD 1's will be switched in DCS whenever I power my rig up. 

That's where the Save/Load profiles stuff has really helped me out. Also if I'm playing around with different mappings I can easily save a device's mappings as a backup. Or using the profiles to easily move the mappings between the A-10C and A-10CII. It struck me a bit odd that you bolded the part about not using save/load profiles, then said you didn't use them, and then correlated that with why you've never had control issues. The save/load profile stuff is very useful to me. I've had control issues, but the profiles were a remedy, not the source of the issue.

31 minutes ago, Monkwolf said:

It struck me a bit odd that you bolded the part about not using save/load profiles, then said you didn't use them, and then correlated that with why you've never had control issues. The save/load profile stuff is very useful to me. I've had control issues, but the profiles were a remedy, not the source of the issue.

Good for you! I tried to help a few users with this issue and it seemed to me they all were using the "Save profile" feature. Seeing as I don't get this issue, I thought that was the reason, that's all. I'm glad to know this feature works well, and I'll keep wondering why people encounter this bug and not me.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, Doc62 said:

Hi all, I have seen people have had many issues with control assignments, and saving them. I have had this problem, assignments not saved, assignments being repeated etc. I have looked at tutorials on how and where to save control assignments, but I'm not having much luck with this issue. If anyone can point me in the right direction or give help I would be very very grateful. I spend 90% of my time trying to sort this out !

Thx Doc.

I'm an oldie not only in life but also in DCS World, and I have a large number of modules. I'm struggling to understand what your problem is as control bindings are, in my experience, very stable. Can you be more specific, elaborate on the issue you experience so people can try to analyze? And if you have multiple issues let's take them one at a time, please.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I am trying to modify and save the input profiles for the FC3 aircraft.  For all of the other planes (F-18, F-5, A-4, harrier, etc) this works as expected.   I select which column (keyboard or tflight) and then 'save profile'.  I supply the name and make sure of the destination directory and press save.  All plane except for my FC3 work as expected, but the FC3 either will not write the file(s) or will bump up a directory level and then sometimes write or not write the file.

I have checked full sub-dir + filename length and it 'should' not be a problem. and have tried checking permissions and such.  I am pulling what little hair i have left out on this one.

Any help and or thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers.

I never use this function. I simply do a backup of my "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Config\Input" folder, once in a while. I copy it to another drive.

And it works very well.

thanks for your info.

I will keep looking into this and try to see why just the fc3 are 'funky'....

even the 'community mods' like the a-4 and F-105/104 and f-4 work normal...

just a feature...

thanks again.