How can I turn off this cross-like overlay?

• haze1 changed the title to How can I turn off this cross-like overlay?

Go in the options and check if Game Avionics or Game Flight mode is activated. Sometimes they can get enabled by themselves. I haven't seen that overlay myself, but it looks like something related to that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

28 minutes ago, Harker said:

Go in the options and check if Game Avionics or Game Flight mode is activated. Sometimes they can get enabled by themselves. I haven't seen that overlay myself, but it looks like something related to that.

thank you but it's still there

Just to clarify: you want to make sure Game Avionics or Game Flight mode ARE NOT ACTIVATED/CHECKED (if they are activated/checked you could see this).  That definitely looks look a game mode thing.

Edited by rob10
21 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Just to clarify: you want to make sure Game Avionics or Game Flight mode ARE NOT ACTIVATED/CHECKED (if they are activated/checked you could see this).  That definitely looks look a game mode thing.

If I check both (I mean if Game Avionics and Game Flight modes are turned on) it vanishes. If they're unchecked it shows that cross for some reason. I haven't made any changes either in the install or in the settings, it just started to show up few days ago and I can't figure out why

33 minutes ago, haze1 said:

I haven't made any changes either in the install or in the settings, it just started to show up few days ago and I can't figure out why

Your picture look's similar to Asus's "Sonic Radar" overlay (a 2D representation of 3D sounds to give an "edge" in FPS shooters).

This picture of the Dolby Atmos overlay is very similar - perhaps that's it ?

2nw9cf30f0h31.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/crm1hi/weird_sound_radar_thing_again/

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

36 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

Your picture look's similar to Asus's "Sonic Radar" overlay (a 2D representation of 3D sounds to give an "edge" in FPS shooters).

This picture of the Dolby Atmos overlay is very similar - perhaps that's it ?

2nw9cf30f0h31.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/crm1hi/weird_sound_radar_thing_again/

it was the Dolby Atmos overlay, I couldn't have figured it out by myself, thank you!