How can I turn off this cross-like overlay?

haze1

• haze1 changed the title to How can I turn off this cross-like overlay?

Go in the options and check if Game Avionics or Game Flight mode is activated. Sometimes they can get enabled by themselves. I haven't seen that overlay myself, but it looks like something related to that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

28 minutes ago, Harker said:

Go in the options and check if Game Avionics or Game Flight mode is activated. Sometimes they can get enabled by themselves. I haven't seen that overlay myself, but it looks like something related to that.

thank you but it's still there

21 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Just to clarify: you want to make sure Game Avionics or Game Flight mode ARE NOT ACTIVATED/CHECKED (if they are activated/checked you could see this).  That definitely looks look a game mode thing.

If I check both (I mean if Game Avionics and Game Flight modes are turned on) it vanishes. If they're unchecked it shows that cross for some reason. I haven't made any changes either in the install or in the settings, it just started to show up few days ago and I can't figure out why

33 minutes ago, haze1 said:

I haven't made any changes either in the install or in the settings, it just started to show up few days ago and I can't figure out why

Your picture look's similar to Asus's "Sonic Radar" overlay (a 2D representation of 3D sounds to give an "edge" in FPS shooters).

This picture of the Dolby Atmos overlay is very similar - perhaps that's it ?

2nw9cf30f0h31.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/crm1hi/weird_sound_radar_thing_again/

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

36 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

Your picture look's similar to Asus's "Sonic Radar" overlay (a 2D representation of 3D sounds to give an "edge" in FPS shooters).

This picture of the Dolby Atmos overlay is very similar - perhaps that's it ?

2nw9cf30f0h31.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/crm1hi/weird_sound_radar_thing_again/

it was the Dolby Atmos overlay, I couldn't have figured it out by myself, thank you!