Hind Pre-Sale?

Steve Gee

30 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Or ... people could actually read the description and requirements of what they are buying 🙄

Very true!
Doesn't change my statement though, or my stance that pre-sales are of no benefit to us, the consumer, by purchasing an item that we can't use yet.
I'm all for ED offering EA discount once it's actually available to play with, and doing incremental updates over time while in EA. I just think pre-orders aren't the way to go.

• ED Team
23 hours ago, МаксиM said:

yes, there is a lot of hype around the Apache, and people will buy it more than the Mi24, for some reason I am sure of this

Mi-24 is such a cultural icon worldwide, be it the east or the west, that I refuse to believe it wouldn't sell, people might get it just to have it in their library even if they're only gonna fly the Apache. Every second US action or cold war movie set in the east features the Hind. It's the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of east bloc military aviation.

Edited by m4ti140
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Fury_007 said:

I think a lot of people think like me, which is to say that I like learning the module as it progresses through development. I learn and master one thing at a time. It seems much less overwhelming that way and there is always something to look forward to with each new patch. It's like my module is a Tesla and it gets over the air updates every once in awhile. 

Lots of things has been wrong over time, and you just learn bad habits and then when something gets changed or fixed, people might feel something is broken etc.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, m4ti140 said:

Mi-24 is such a cultural icon worldwide, be it the east or the west, that I refuse to believe it wouldn't sell, people might get it just to have it in their library even if they're only gonna fly the Apache. Every second US action or cold war movie set in the east features the Hind. It's the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of east bloc military aviation.

I mean, when you picture Soviet helicopter, the 2 that probably most spring to mind are the Hind and the Hip.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I personally like the pre-order because I know it's getting close.   Maybe the pre-order's help infuse money into an ED project to get completed sooner, and if that's the case it absolutely benefits DCS gamers.   I also enjoy the pre-order discount because I know the Early Access is just that, and that its a work in progress to work out all the bugs.   I take the discount knowing what that means.   

If I want to pre-order or not, that's all on me.  But I wouldn't advocate that everybody should lose the ability to pre-order just because I didn't like it.   

I'd pre-order the A-6E, A-7, and F-4E right now even if ED said they won't be out for 3 years.   Because why not?  $60 is a night at the movies for the family.  

Edited by Heimz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, Fri13 said:

I agree.

AH-1 was much welcomed years back as it is more of a workhorse for the US than Apache has been. It as well well would complete the UH-1H era and pair it. Similar like a Mi-24P is to Mi-8MTv2. That is great quadro for DCS. But when it became that what AH-1 version they are to do, it seemed to be split to three groups, those who would enjoy from the G variant, those who want little more modern and then those who would have wanted something to replace the Apache (back then Apache was just "no-go").

Personally I am more interested these days about the F-1 from the Aerges (Aviodev) as they are bringing the four variants, where we finally get something old that is getting nice use with ground units and other RedAir like MiG-19P and MiG-21Bis.

And that has been the great interest to fly Mi-8MTv2 in DCS as it is so "old-school" and Mi-24P is not going to be different from it. Like if ED would have chosen to make a Mi-35M with glass cockpit and all, then not really so interesting.

These old aircraft has something spiritual in them. Example the AV-8B N/A is something unique compared to Hornet or Viper, the "hands-on" feeling of doing things. Similar way I would love to see DCS: Su-25A one day, as it would complete the Mi-24P as well.

Maybe my opinion would change to like more about F/A-18C and F-16CM if we would get a lot more realistic ground units, SAM systems, AI units self-interest to survive and protect themselves and proper EW. As that is when those would lose their "god-like" capabilities and be forced bend to mercy of ground units.

Maybe those more modern BlueAir units would get nicer if we would get couple Russian 80's systems that deny all the datalinks, GPS, radio jamming, find almost any unit in the sky etc. Basically even out the odds.

Based to the historical facts how long Mi-24P has been in development, it has been ready for long time by its systems etc. They just have pushed it always further and further and put more products ahead of its production. Why the AH-1 and F-4 got their own faiths as well.

The Apache will be challenging for the consumers where we basically don't have anything that will allow the Co-Pilot to operate the targeting system.

Aoache ODT1.jpg

Those basically requires players to own Dual Virpil Alphas - and defineatly would require if ED would have done the more modern TEDAR controls.

mfc-tedac-photo-04.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.

The AH-64 has been so great in other old simulators as you have never required to have anything as complex systems than it really does offer.

And yet even when comparing the old 90's games Apache and Hind from Digital Integration. They are still amazingly good for what year they belong. And Hind has been so great to fly there, basically DCS: Hind will be the first simulator since then that will make it better than that 25 year old game.

That is like Su-25A vs A-10C from the start. There other is just circling at 20 000 ft with TGP and spending time to program the markpoints so they can ripple fire all mavericks to four targets in couple seconds and then RTB.

Where other is hands-on with the enemy, going for full attack mode like a rook.

Maybe that is why I prefer the A-10A and really would love to see it as DCS: A-10A. Using Maverick as your FLIR to navigate and find targets at night.

That is what will make Mi-24P so fancy, how your flying matters, your risk analyzing and taking makes the difference.

I desperately wanted a cobra and f4 too.

That said at this point with 20 years in afghanistan and a decade in iraq plus the first war I think the apache may have flown more combat sorties than cobras in US service.  Just a thought when I read the workhorse comment.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, Heimz said:

I personally like the pre-order because I know it's getting close.   Maybe the pre-order's help infuse money into an ED project to get completed sooner, and if that's the case it absolutely benefits DCS gamers.   I also enjoy the pre-order discount because I know the Early Access is just that, and that its a work in progress to work out all the bugs.   I take the discount knowing what that means.   

If I want to pre-order or not, that's all on me.  But I wouldn't advocate that everybody should lose the ability to pre-order just because I didn't like it.   

I'd pre-order the A-6E, A-7, and F-4E right now even if ED said they won't be out for 3 years.   Because why not?  $60 is a night at the movies for the family.  

I wouldn't preorder anything that far out anymore.  Personally I remember them announcing the F4 and Hind *over five years ago* and then not only shelve them but do it somewhat quietly and without comment either.  I am very much more now waiting to pre order when there's a bonanza of pre release hype and screeniez etc. Like 2 or 3 months before when it's clear to me there's a working module almost done.

And even then where I used to buy airframes I didn't love but wanted to like the gazelle; I feel like I got somewhat burned on.  So on many modules I'd be on the fence on it isn't happening or I'm waiting to see. That includes the apache though I love hinds so much I'm getting it the moment I can.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:50 PM, Bravelink03 said:

And if you are cultured, the Ka-50

Meh, wasn't a hell of a lot more than prototype aircraft and only had a limited production run; there are over 80x as many Hinds than Ka-50s. It was also introduced after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we got some words about the Apache pre-order here, it would be awesome to have some sort of an estimate like that for the Hind.
I honestly just want to know if it's still planned for Q2, or do we have to wait even longer than that.

14 hours ago, Morrov said:

Since we got some words about the Apache pre-order here, it would be awesome to have some sort of an estimate like that for the Hind.
I honestly just want to know if it's still planned for Q2, or do we have to wait even longer than that.

Q2 begin in a little more than 2 weeks but I don't expect a release during April.
The Apache Pre-order is now reported later as previously announced (Feb 21).
The 2.7 version should normally be available for end of March BUT  Bignewy wrote yesterday that if there is a change in the date we will be informed (personally I already feel a postponement).

Q2 for the Hind is a three month period until June and this probably gives ED a less restrictive time frame than a date.
Now is it certain that the Hind will be available in Q2? Nothing is less certain... We know that everything is subject to change or postponement...
The newsletter of this weekend announced once again only vague things...they are working but when will all this be available? Well, that's still a big mystery.
We know that ED has a bad tendency to not respect the schedules as announced...
Everything else is just speculation and we can only wait passively...

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Razorback said:

snip

Yeah, I know, but it would be nice to get some information whether they believe the Q2 release is possible or if they have to postpone it. I'm obviously not expecting a specific date, but it's been pretty silent about the Hind's release for a while now.

But I guess you're right, we just have to wait passively. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy it this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morrov said:

But I guess you're right, we just have to wait passively.

I prefer to wait while actively flying all that DCS already offers us ... on my case that’s the A-4E and the Mi-8, if the Hind is not here yet, I will learn the P-47 in a more thorough way. I have learned over time to enjoy what I have and not worry about what I don’t have.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

15 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I prefer to wait while actively flying all that DCS already offers us ... on my case that’s the A-4E and the Mi-8, if the Hind is not here yet, I will learn the P-47 in a more thorough way. I have learned over time to enjoy what I have and not worry about what I don’t have.

I'm getting the F14 soon to keep myself entertained hah, but the Hind has always been the dream

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi,

we will be sharing Mi-24p news soon. 

Thank you

• Like 17

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

23 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I do the same as you, flying en enjoying the Mi-8 !
And in addittion It give me more time to finish my Mi-24 Simpit 😁

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

we will be sharing Mi-24p news soon. 

Thank you

Excellent! Hopefully it's good news 🙂

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Excellent! Hopefully it's good news 🙂

By NineLine:

The Hind is right around the corner. And the MiG-29 is planned, both full fidelity aircraft, and I spent some quality time in the Hind this weekend and it is simple they best looking and feeling helicopter to date. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

45 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

Observing the general situation, my bet is that we get a nice and big release around eastern:

new clouds and/or 

mariana islands and/or

DCS 2.7 and/or

Hind and/or

Kiowa

Best would be all together 😄  (probably not best for my wallet)

1. New clouds will normally come first with DCS 2.7 : two more weeks
  2. Mariana Islands should be the next release
  3. Hind and the Kiowa on the same time...commercially it would be a very bad choice so most likely one will be before the other.
    Hind announced in Q2. Q2 start in 15 days...😉
  • Like 2