Hind Pre-Sale?

Steve Gee

It was announced the Apache would go on pre-sale I think it was called in February, and scheduled debut in Q3 of this year. The Hind is scheduled to debut in Q2 2021, yet there's been no mention of any sort of sale for it.

Was curious if anything was planned for it or not before it's debut in hopefully Q2?

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I really love ED when they are able to give a little discount in exchange for purchasing the module before it's released, that's how I purchased the Syria Map (30% discount), the Channel Map (20%), the P-47 (20%) and the F-16 (20%) ... if they do the same for the Hind I would certainly purchase it asap 👍

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

51 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I really love ED when they are able to give a little discount in exchange for purchasing the module before it's released, that's how I purchased the Syria Map (30% discount), the Channel Map (20%), the P-47 (20%) and the F-16 (20%) ... if they do the same for the Hind I would certainly purchase it asap 👍

Yeah, the price on the modules is fairly steep in general, especially during the pandemic.
The 20-30% really makes it easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morrov said:

I don't think we got any official info yet, but it is a bit odd that you'll be able to pre-order the Apache before the Hind.

I do wish we can preorder the Mi-24 with a little discount as usual, I'm ordering it day one lol

Seems to me it is more unlikely to get Hind with pre-order price being -30% as it likely skips the Early Access phase, as ED has been delaying Hind release now for 2-3 years and they are adding more and more features to it from the start so it is not "in development" as level as it would have.

Last autumn we would had Hind already but they wanted to add the AI WSO and some other elements, that pushed it further.

The Wags has teased the Hind with own style since years back "What is that Hind doing here" and made the first flight videos etc meaning they were ready but community wasn't. So as some people would had got dislikeful from "Why this is not working", ED seem to have gone "Okay, no candy for you and now all of you wait until it is ready".

So preorder is likely -20% if not even less as it might be "Ready to go" from the start like OH-58 Kiowa Warrior that skipped Early Access phase as well and neither likely comes with discount.

The Apache is interesting and likely goes through Hornet like development phase. Unless they have done it ready for military
and are now just touching it up for consumer release. But for that I would see max -20%.

But I don't really like these "If you preorde you get discount" if the module is complete or ready. It should just be a means to secure your funding to receive it in time.

If the module is in the development (Early Access a la Hornet) then I can see -20—30% as optional as you are buying to incomplete module that will have errors and other severe bugs that you are suppose to help solve. And hence for your help, you get discount as reward, as well help studio to develop the module for next 2-3 years (notice, the module - not other modules, why own early Access phase for them).

I am ready to pay full price for the Mi-24 and AH-64D as they will be worth of it, if they come almost completed. Like for me the Hind AI WSO was "second phase" element anyways but in first I would have trained solo flying, engaments (rockets and gun) and some UH-1H level Autopilot to fly in level flight when jumping to WSO to launch missiles by myself.

But considering 1/3 time has gone from Q1 so the Hind Q2 release is at possible in 2 months. Lot of time for ED to announce with preorders etc. As at worse case scenario it is that Apache preorder in February and then Hind release in May-June at the end of Q2, and then push Apache out in July-August as first months of Q2. As then it would be two very close releases.

Sure it would be fairly big thing to have a package deals of "Hind vs Apache" where you pay for both, lets say 110 €. And have both for 79,90 € otherwise.

As IMHO the February preorder is so odd for Apache if it is going to come out 4-5 months later as end of Q2.

I fear we might see Mi-24 pushed even further to Q3 as we have not seen much about it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

From the MI-24P project manager live stream transletion:

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/01/09/new-dcs-mi-24p-information-translated-from-russian-interview/

Q: What’s planned for the initial release and what will be worked out afterwards?
A: We’re still going to do an iterative release because having everything done at once is just impossible for us. We’ll know the final list of what’s ready for initial release later, and we’ll announce it before it’s on sale. The weapons will work, it’ll fly, and multicrew should be in.

That doesn't sound like the Hind will be "....Okay, no candy for you and now all of you wait until it is ready..."(without EA phase) and there will be a EA discount.

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

The Apache is interesting and likely goes through Hornet like development phase. Unless they have done it ready for military
and are now just touching it up for consumer release. But for that I would see max -20%.

From the DCS newsletter:

"....The early access AH-64D is planned for release in the 3rd quarter of 2021 and will be available for pre-sales as of February 2021 with a 30% discount...."

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

7 hours ago, unknown said:

From the MI-24P project manager live stream transletion:

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/01/09/new-dcs-mi-24p-information-translated-from-russian-interview/

Q: What’s planned for the initial release and what will be worked out afterwards?
A: We’re still going to do an iterative release because having everything done at once is just impossible for us. We’ll know the final list of what’s ready for initial release later, and we’ll announce it before it’s on sale. The weapons will work, it’ll fly, and multicrew should be in.

That doesn't sound like the Hind will be "....Okay, no candy for you and now all of you wait until it is ready..."(without EA phase) and there will be a EA discount.

They have pushed Hind so much for implementing lots of new stuff that it likely still doesn't have much left. But nothing can be certain as even Yak-52 is still unfinished, and hold there even when few things are waiting.

That said, the EA phase can be something simple or then major like F-16CM or anything between. But when most things are done as reported, it is more done than not. Why I wouldn't want to see major discount just to please some people. 

7 hours ago, unknown said:

From the DCS newsletter:

"....The early access AH-64D is planned for release in the 3rd quarter of 2021 and will be available for pre-sales as of February 2021 with a 30% discount...."

Yes, knew that. But everything is subject to change. As how much they have completed Apache is question as even when Q2 and Q3 has 6 months time separation at max, it can very well happen that both get released inside a month of each others. 

As that the Apache is fairly good shape then if being able get it out before autumn.

But maybe all need to just consider already that all preorders and EA ones comes from now on with -30% price cut... Regardless state of project.

As I still like to see less sales and smaller discounts as otherwise all will just mean that normal price is severely overpriced. But what can be done when sales will always lure people to buy as they think "I get something with cheaper price" as similar manner as bonus card systems works.

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

They have pushed Hind so much for implementing lots of new stuff that it likely still doesn't have much left. But nothing can be certain as even Yak-52 is still unfinished, and hold there even when few things are waiting.

That said, the EA phase can be something simple or then major like F-16CM or anything between. But when most things are done as reported, it is more done than not. Why I wouldn't want to see major discount just to please some people. 

Yes, knew that. But everything is subject to change. As how much they have completed Apache is question as even when Q2 and Q3 has 6 months time separation at max, it can very well happen that both get released inside a month of each others. 

As that the Apache is fairly good shape then if being able get it out before autumn.

But maybe all need to just consider already that all preorders and EA ones comes from now on with -30% price cut... Regardless state of project.

As I still like to see less sales and smaller discounts as otherwise all will just mean that normal price is severely overpriced. But what can be done when sales will always lure people to buy as they think "I get something with cheaper price" as similar manner as bonus card systems works.

Hey, everything is subject to change with ED but what you did was pure speculation. I posted the latest facts we have/know according to the latest news from the MI-24 Manager stream(translation) from january 8/9(stream/translation) 15/16 days ago and the same goes for the AH-64 EA discount, posted in the DCS newsletter 16 days ago(january 8).

Why speculate if we have facts/latest official statements to work with? 🍻

• Like 4

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I wouldn't mind the Hind just showing up one day in the store, with no pre-order period at all. It would be a refreshing surprise, but a welcome one. I'm reasonably sure that even if it doesn't feature a pre-order period it will still have some kind of early access discount. (Just like every single module released by Eagle Dynamics) 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I guess we ll see a P-47 style release?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

2 hours ago, МаксиM said:

what do you mean by that?

Wasn’t it released quite surprisingly compared to the usual process?

At least it should be mandatory to make the Hind playable prior to the Apache. No matter how. Don’t get me wrong because I loooove high end developed red stuff but I’d guess a playable Apache would distract more customers from a Hind release than the other way 

if I were ED I’d:

- offer pre purchase Apache

- followed by release / EA of Hind without pre

- followed by release/ EA of Apache

Edited by Atelophobia

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

30 minutes ago, Atelophobia said:

At least it should be mandatory to make the Hind playable prior to the Apache. No matter how. Don’t get me wrong because I loooove high end developed red stuff but I’d guess a playable Apache would distract more customers from a Hind release than the other way 

yes, there is a lot of hype around the Apache, and people will buy it more than the Mi24, for some reason I am sure of this

42 minutes ago, МаксиM said:

yes, there is a lot of hype around the Apache, and people will buy it more than the Mi24, for some reason I am sure of this

I'm a bit tired of the prevalence of american aircrafts on DCS (at least amongst the non-FC3 ones), I'm more interested on the Hind, for one it is used by more countries (20+) than the Apache (8? ) and three of those users are Latin American countries, so I'm looking forward to flying the Hind 🙂

• Like 16

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 1/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I'm a bit tired of the prevalence of american aircrafts on DCS (at least amongst the non-FC3 ones), I'm more interested on the Hind, for one it is used by more countries (20+) than the Apache (8? ) and three of those users are Latin American countries, so I'm looking forward to flying the Hind 🙂

Same, though for me it's not the fact the aircraft are mostly American (or even BLUFOR), it's the fact that they're post 2000s aircraft with next to nothing appropriate to fight from the same decade.

Hind on the other hand? Well it's an 80s aircraft (at least for the P IIRC), upgraded to early 90s (though only by the inclusion of 1 missile system AFAIK), it just fits with the rest of DCS much better IMO.

Also, I just have far more hope of the Hind being completed in short-order after release (basically only a single missile system to do), whereas I imagine the Apache being something going on for ages until it's finished.

I'm probably being biased, but I can just imagine the Apache just sat behind some cover, popping up, rippling off 8-16 AGM-114Ls and then RTB, which sounds like it'll be fun the first few times and will then get pretty boring; the limitations of the Hind and it being more involved with the pilot/operators on the other hand will make it more fun and engaging to use IMO.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

54 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

for me mi 24 is a cult helicopter, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Syria. I fell in love with this helicopter when I first got into its cockpit, can not wait

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Same, though for me it's not the fact the aircraft are mostly American (or even BLUFOR), it's the fact that they're post 2000s aircraft with next to nothing appropriate to fight from the same decade.

Hind on the other hand? Well it's an 80s aircraft (at least for the P IIRC), upgraded to early 90s (the only by 1 missile system AFAIK), it just fits with the rest of DCS much better IMO.

I agree.

AH-1 was much welcomed years back as it is more of a workhorse for the US than Apache has been. It as well well would complete the UH-1H era and pair it. Similar like a Mi-24P is to Mi-8MTv2. That is great quadro for DCS. But when it became that what AH-1 version they are to do, it seemed to be split to three groups, those who would enjoy from the G variant, those who want little more modern and then those who would have wanted something to replace the Apache (back then Apache was just "no-go").

Personally I am more interested these days about the F-1 from the Aerges (Aviodev) as they are bringing the four variants, where we finally get something old that is getting nice use with ground units and other RedAir like MiG-19P and MiG-21Bis.

And that has been the great interest to fly Mi-8MTv2 in DCS as it is so "old-school" and Mi-24P is not going to be different from it. Like if ED would have chosen to make a Mi-35M with glass cockpit and all, then not really so interesting.

These old aircraft has something spiritual in them. Example the AV-8B N/A is something unique compared to Hornet or Viper, the "hands-on" feeling of doing things. Similar way I would love to see DCS: Su-25A one day, as it would complete the Mi-24P as well.

Maybe my opinion would change to like more about F/A-18C and F-16CM if we would get a lot more realistic ground units, SAM systems, AI units self-interest to survive and protect themselves and proper EW. As that is when those would lose their "god-like" capabilities and be forced bend to mercy of ground units.

Maybe those more modern BlueAir units would get nicer if we would get couple Russian 80's systems that deny all the datalinks, GPS, radio jamming, find almost any unit in the sky etc. Basically even out the odds.

Also, I just have far more hope of the Hind being completed in short-order after release (basically only a single missile system to do), whereas I imagine the Apache being something going on for ages until it's finished.

Based to the historical facts how long Mi-24P has been in development, it has been ready for long time by its systems etc. They just have pushed it always further and further and put more products ahead of its production. Why the AH-1 and F-4 got their own faiths as well.

The Apache will be challenging for the consumers where we basically don't have anything that will allow the Co-Pilot to operate the targeting system.

Aoache ODT1.jpg

Those basically requires players to own Dual Virpil Alphas - and defineatly would require if ED would have done the more modern TEDAR controls.

mfc-tedac-photo-04.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.

The AH-64 has been so great in other old simulators as you have never required to have anything as complex systems than it really does offer.

And yet even when comparing the old 90's games Apache and Hind from Digital Integration. They are still amazingly good for what year they belong. And Hind has been so great to fly there, basically DCS: Hind will be the first simulator since then that will make it better than that 25 year old game.

I'm probably being biased, but I can just imagine the Apache just sat behind some cover, popping up, rippling off 8-16 AGM-114Ls and then RTB, which sounds like it'll be fun the first few times and will then get pretty boring; the limitations of the Hind on the other hand will make it more fun to use. 

That is like Su-25A vs A-10C from the start. There other is just circling at 20 000 ft with TGP and spending time to program the markpoints so they can ripple fire all mavericks to four targets in couple seconds and then RTB.

Where other is hands-on with the enemy, going for full attack mode like a rook.

Maybe that is why I prefer the A-10A and really would love to see it as DCS: A-10A. Using Maverick as your FLIR to navigate and find targets at night.

That is what will make Mi-24P so fancy, how your flying matters, your risk analyzing and taking makes the difference.

• Like 6

On 1/30/2021 at 8:20 PM, Fri13 said:

AH-1 was much welcomed years back as it is more of a workhorse for the US than Apache has been. It as well well would complete the UH-1H era and pair it. Similar like a Mi-24P is to Mi-8MTv2. That is great quadro for DCS. But when it became that what AH-1 version they are to do, it seemed to be split to three groups, those who would enjoy from the G variant, those who want little more modern and then those who would have wanted something to replace the Apache (back then Apache was just "no-go").

Yeah, I mean if we got an early UH-60A and an AH-1G or something, it would be a perfect fit to the Mi-8MTV-2 and Mi-24; then its just a matter of fleshing the rest of the ground units out.

For our Apache, the contemporary is more the Mi-28N; and we're probably not going to get that ever (or at least not in the near future).

Personally I am more interested these days about the F-1 from the Aerges (Aviodev) as they are bringing the four variants, where we finally get something old that is getting nice use with ground units and other RedAir like MiG-19P and MiG-21Bis.

Same, I'm pretty excited about the module too, especially given the multiple variants - it's pretty much a first in DCS to have an aircraft with comprehensive variants, spanning multiple timespans.

And that has been the great interest to fly Mi-8MTv2 in DCS as it is so "old-school" and Mi-24P is not going to be different from it.

Same, it's contemporary, it's consistent - 2 things DCS kinda sucks at, with stuff all over the place and hardly anything fitting together nicely.

These old aircraft has something spiritual in them. Example the AV-8B N/A is something unique compared to Hornet or Viper, the "hands-on" feeling of doing things. Similar way I would love to see DCS: Su-25A one day, as it would complete the Mi-24P as well.

Yeah, I definitely prefer being more involved with the aircraft, and you're more disconnected with more modern stuff.

In PvE single player, fighting DCS' AI, the modern aircraft just make it so easy, and it isn't helped by DCS' AI, which has all of the intelligence of a chunky fart.

Maybe my opinion would change to like more about F/A-18C and F-16CM if we would get a lot more realistic ground units, SAM systems, AI units self-interest to survive and protect themselves and proper EW. As that is when those would lose their "god-like" capabilities and be forced bend to mercy of ground units.

Yeah, that would be better. If it was something like that other F-16 sim, that would be basically perfect.

Though I still would like to get more historical variants of our current aircraft where/if feasible, preferably recycling as much as possible - it's far more feasible than developing contemporary REDFOR aircraft, and they'll probably be easier to finish.

Maybe those more modern BlueAir units would get nicer if we would get couple Russian 80's systems that deny all the datalinks, GPS, radio jamming, find almost any unit in the sky etc. Basically even out the odds.

Agreed.

Based to the historical facts how long Mi-24P has been in development, it has been ready for long time by its systems etc. They just have pushed it always further and further and put more products ahead of its production. Why the AH-1 and F-4 got their own faiths as well.

Yeah 🙄

The Apache will be challenging for the consumers where we basically don't have anything that will allow the Co-Pilot to operate the targeting system.

Aoache ODT1.jpg

Those basically requires players to own Dual Virpil Alphas - and defineatly would require if ED would have done the more modern TEDAR controls.

Yeah, that thing looks like it's going to be a nightmare to bind, on top of the cyclic and collective sticks.

That is like Su-25A vs A-10C from the start. There other is just circling at 20 000 ft with TGP and spending time to program the markpoints so they can ripple fire all mavericks to four targets in couple seconds and then RTB.

Where other is hands-on with the enemy, going for full attack mode like a rook.

Maybe that is why I prefer the A-10A and really would love to see it as DCS: A-10A. Using Maverick as your FLIR to navigate and find targets at night.

That is what will make Mi-24P so fancy, how your flying matters, your risk analyzing and taking makes the difference.

Agreed, currently in modern aircraft (in SP at least, its probably a lot different in MP), unless I really make it asymmetrical (i.e F-5E-3 vs MiG-29) or restrict weapons, I'm mostly flying like a faster airliner, pressing the weapon release and going home.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting, spelling

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

22 hours ago, Atelophobia said:

if I were ED I’d:

- offer pre purchase Apache

- followed by release / EA of Hind without pre

- followed by release/ EA of Apache

According to latest in development news from ED, there are still a lot things to do with Mi-24, so it possible will be released surprisingly but not earlier than Q2. Moreover it will be lucky for us. Just one thing i couldn't understand is no Pre-Sale of Mi-24. 

Edited by Willykurtz

IMO, ED shouldn't do pre-sales/pre-orders anymore, and modules should only be in the shop when it hits the public beta build.

That'll stop a lot of the "i bought it, but i can't fly" threads as it's not available and stop the complaints about it not being available (or getting delays) after they've bought it, plus the hype around it is often self defeating for ED as people build themselves up for it and then start complaining it is alpha and incomplete.

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Buzzles said:

IMO, ED shouldn't do pre-sales/pre-orders anymore, and modules should only be in the shop when it hits the public beta build.

Or ... people could actually read the description and requirements of what they are buying 🙄

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Buzzles said:

That'll stop a lot of the "i bought it, but i can't fly" threads as it's not available and stop the complaints about it not being available (or getting delays) after they've bought it, plus the hype around it is often self defeating for ED as people build themselves up for it and then start complaining it is alpha and incomplete.

I tend to disagree with you and that notion.

I think a lot of people think like me, which is to say that I like learning the module as it progresses through development. I learn and master one thing at a time. It seems much less overwhelming that way and there is always something to look forward to with each new patch. It's like my module is a Tesla and it gets over the air updates every once in awhile. 

28 minutes ago, Fury_007 said:

I tend to disagree with you and that notion.

I think a lot of people think like me, which is to say that I like learning the module as it progresses through development. I learn and master one thing at a time. It seems much less overwhelming that way and there is always something to look forward to with each new patch. It's like my module is a Tesla and it gets over the air updates every once in awhile. 

You might wanna re-read what I wrote 😛

hint: it's got no relation to the scenario you just described.

Edited by Buzzles