Pinky switch as Modifier Semi Fail?

Fakum

E.G.

In DCS Options, I set the Stick Pinky switch as a Modifier

In DCS Options, I set button 28 to function for “Set Operator Seat”, I then set the same button, in conjunction with the Modifier to “AI Operator ROE Iterate”. The resulting action has been semi conflicting. If I just press button 28, sometimes it gets stuck on setting the Operator ROE iterate and will cycle through that and then maybe skip over to try and do what I assigned it to do, and vise versa. The Common button use of # 28 is causing a conflict, and DCS does not seem to be wanting to differentiate that one is supposed to only trigger when the Modifier is in use. I notice this is problematic with the trigger button as well, as when I press the trigger, I want bullets to fly,,, but when I hold the Modifier in and press the trigger for a separate action, it still wants to spray bullets and not perform the action it is assigned to do?

image.png

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Here we are again!

What device are you talking about?  Which module in DCS? Can you show a screenshot of your modifiers in DCS?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here we go again? LOL,,,, Sounds like this is a repetitive matter? Although I wouldn't know that based on my search results yesterday, which didn't produce any meaningful results unfortunately, that's why i created a new post. Any who, here is the info you requested. Note that I am considering experimenting with the theory of NOT using a Modifier within DCS and instead configuring that Pinky switch as a "Shift" button in Virpil, then configuring all of the buttons as having shift states. I dont know if that will make a favorable difference yet? I was simply hoping this could all be setup inside of DCS? Thanks for your response!

Device = Virpil CM3 Throttle & Virpil Alpha Grip

Module = Huey is an example made here

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I meant 'here we are again' after our previous discussion on axes!

Firstly, I'm not sure why you have it added as a Switch and not a Modifier. Change that to Modifier and I think you'll be OK.  

I tried it on my Alpha stick and it works OK.

If you have it as a modifying switch, it stays on until you 'switch' it off.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

38 minutes ago, imacken said:

I meant 'here we are again' after our previous discussion on axes!

Firstly, I'm not sure why you have it added as a Switch and not a Modifier. Change that to Modifier and I think you'll be OK.  

I tried it on my Alpha stick and it works OK.

If you have it as a modifying switch, it stays on until you 'switch' it off.

I have made that mistake a time or two, was pulling my hair out then - duh LOL.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well,,, Im glad you glad you stepped up to the plate on that one as well there dburne, as embarrassed as I am, I must admit that was a hairpulling goof on my end!

imacken, I greatly appreciate you pointing that out,, i was about to embark on many other fix attempts LOL. I have learned a lot in the last 3 days alone, I still have some things to figure out that are a bit annoying, but I will find a way, especially with the assistance of all of you fine folks!

Much appreciated gentleman!

No problem. Any time. Just ask!