I've re-recorded the sling load audio files in a regular "American" sounding file set.

Does anyone know how I build a mod to use them now?

I've found the folder structure in Saved Games/DCSopenbeta/Sounds/Speech/ENG/Common/External Cargo

and i've placed all my new wav files in there, using the naming conventions is the lua file: 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Speech\common_events (lines 718-767).

However I can't get the game to use them. I have other voice mods that I'm trying to use as an example that use the same structure for wingman and ATC and they work fine.

It must be something simple I'm missing?

I notice the Wingman folder structure has subfolders for digits, messages, etc.

maybe that's it?

Let me know if you guys can help and if we can get them working I'll post up my updated voice files for everyone to use!

thanks!

• Like 1

So that was the trick! The files needed to be placed inside a "messages" folder inside the External Cargo.

I'll post a link to the user files section when ED approves my post!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I do however have a question. the location you instruct to install this file "Sound" does NOT already exist in that location?

image.png

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Virpil HOTAS

On 2/23/2021 at 6:09 AM, Fakum said:

Thanks for this. I do however have a question. the location you instruct to install this file "Sound" does NOT already exist in that location?

image.png

image.png

You can create the folder with the directory structure as outlined and DCS will see the mod = no problem