Third reich military instalations.

The Channel map is very beautifull,no doubt about it.But I still miss such important Third reich military instalations like d'Eperlecques(Watten-Blockhaus),Wizernes- La Coupole(The Dome),Siracourt,Mimoyecques(multi-charged gun).These instalations became many,many times a target for Allied bombers including the Mosquito.So I am more or less disappointed that are neglected.As far as I know, this is a war map and not map for a glider pilots. It looks like the Paris city without Eiffel tower.So I hope that devs complete these instalations to the map. 

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely, the time-frame of the map is perfect for operation crossbow type missions striking Nazi V-weapon sites (even if only planned) so it would be pretty disappointing if ED miss them out.

La Coupole is just outside Saint Omer, but at the moment is an empty field with some trees - this place was a major planned V-2 launch site, and a primary target for operation crossbow, which is actually set at about the same time the map is set.

Same with the Blockhaus d'Eperlecques, also near Saint Omer - currently represented by a generic village.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

• 2 months later...

Looks like we might be getting La Coupole, the changelog mentioned Wizernes but described it as a V-1 site - not sure if V-1s were stationed in Wizernes, La Coupole was a planned V-2 site that was only partially completed - though was still a major target for Operation Crosswbow which is perfect for the Channel.

EDIT: Nope

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

On 1/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, Northstar98 said:

Absolutely, the time-frame of the map is perfect for operation crossbow type missions striking Nazi V-weapon sites (even if only planned) so it would be pretty disappointing if ED miss them out.

La Coupole is just outside Saint Omer, but at the moment is an empty field with some trees - this place was a major planned V-2 launch site, and a primary target for operation crossbow, which is actually set at about the same time the map is set.

Same with the Blockhaus d'Eperlecques, also near Saint Omer - currently represented by a generic village.

Maybe a job for a skillfull modder?

Anyone know where the newly added V1 launch sites are located?

ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth MoBo  -  AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @1866 MHZ  -  EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb
Game drive, Samsung 980 M.2 EVO SSD  -  Win10 Pro 20H2 drive, Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X  -  LG 32" 1920X1080 Monitor - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 4/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, rayrayblues said:

Anyone know where the newly added V1 launch sites are located?

I don't think they made it in, I've had a look at each location and there isn't anything there. We could probably put the launch ramps in ourselves, but the various structures such as tunnels, bunkers, roads etc aren't there at all. I'm not sure why ED announced it on the patch notes, because I'm pretty sure the locations have always been on the map.

The patch notes mentioned the following:

I've attached a mission below with trigger zones showing the approximate locations, if it's any use.

EDIT: Marked sites with structures still extant (including partially) and visible in the above locations on Google Earth with a (*).

V-Weapon Sites v.1.miz

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, thanks. I couldn't find them either.🤦‍♀️

ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth MoBo  -  AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @1866 MHZ  -  EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb
Game drive, Samsung 980 M.2 EVO SSD  -  Win10 Pro 20H2 drive, Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X  -  LG 32" 1920X1080 Monitor - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Definitely need many more airfields for the Luftwaffe.

Difficult to build missions or even choose to fly Luftwaffe with the airfields currently in place.

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, rayrayblues said:

Yeah, thanks. I couldn't find them either.🤦‍♀️

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, I can find where they are supposed to be, but there's nothing there - I don't think anything has changed here since the inclusion of the Channel Map apart from maybe making the areas around the sites more accurate (even if the sites themselves are borderline absent - especially the larger site) so I'm not entirely sure what the changelog is referring to. Looking online you can see certain structures (namely the 'ski' storage bunkers and nonmagnetic compass alignment buildings even exist to this to this day).. 

I wonder if @NineLine or @BIGNEWY can chime in, these targets are incredibly important for Operation Crosswbow, which is basically a perfect fit for the channel map, so it's fairly disappointing to not have the installations there, especially the large ones such as the Siracourt V-1 bunker (launch and storage), the Fortress of Mimoyecques, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques and La Coupole.

For the smaller sites, even if we could get the static objects (such as the launch ramp walls, the 'ski' storage bunkers and the compass alignment building) so we could place them manually (though we might run into issues with the mesh, and maybe some trees (though we can remove those), so far I've only found Val Ygot to be more problematic). 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Porkie said:

anyone found them yet? the new stable update also mentions them...

I mean, I know where they are, but not sure what the changelogs are referring to.

They might've made the areas more accurate, but there's nothing but more or less flat areas with dirt tracks. There aren't any structures associated with the V-weapon sites (some of which exist to this day).

I guess we could build our own V-1 sites, but we only have the launch ramp, we're missing the walls for the launch ramp, the "ski" storage bunkers, the compass setting building etc. Some of which are still extant to this day.

It is especially noticeable with the larger sites (Siracourt, Wizernes, Blockhaus d'Éperlecques etc). I think Siracourt just has a flat grey texture, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques is a generic settlement, and Wizernes isn't there at all, nor is the Fortress of Mimoyecques.

I'm going to tag @BIGNEWY and @NineLine, maybe they know what's going on.

Edited by Northstar98

3 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

I mean, I know where they are, but not sure what the changelogs are referring to.

They might've made the areas more accurate, but there's nothing but more or less flat areas with dirt tracks. There aren't any structures associated with the V-weapon sites (some of which exist to this day).

I guess we could build our own V-1 sites, but we only have the launch ramp, we're missing the walls for the launch ramp, the "ski" storage bunkers, the compass setting building etc. Some of which are still extant to this day.

It is especially noticeable with the larger sites (Siracourt, Wizernes, Blockhaus d'Éperlecques etc). I think Siracourt just has a flat grey texture, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques is a generic settlement, and Wizernes isn't there at all, nor is the Fortress of Mimoyecques.

I'm going to tag @BIGNEWY and @NineLine, maybe they know what's going on.

they could at least explain what they "mean" by 

• Added V1 Launch sites: Neuville, Wallon-Cappel, Maisoncelle, Siracourt, Vacqueriette, Ligescourt, Val Ygot, le Bouc, Wizernes, Lottinghen, Yvrenches.
41 minutes ago, Porkie said:

they could at least explain what they "mean" by 

• Added V1 Launch sites: Neuville, Wallon-Cappel, Maisoncelle, Siracourt, Vacqueriette, Ligescourt, Val Ygot, le Bouc, Wizernes, Lottinghen, Yvrenches.

Agreed, because I'm fairly sure the locations have all been there from the get go - they might've made the areas more accurate, but the launch sites are nothing more than flat areas with generic dirt tracks.

They're completely missing associated structures (some exist to this day, especially the large sites), but I mean, even the railways are missing.

As for Siracourt and Wizernes; the former is most known for having a big bunker, the latter is known for having a big dome (and was a planned V-2 site, not V-1), both have plenty of diagrams detailing them (well, at least as planned).

Siracourt:

17.gif

nevington-v1-rocket-launch-site56_orig.j

Blockhaus d'Éperlecques:

wat_at006.jpg

knw_ground.jpg

Here's another one.

Wizernes:

Wizernes_site_diagram.png

wiz_layout.jpg

Edited by Northstar98