Third reich military instalations.

finger

The Channel map is very beautifull,no doubt about it.But I still miss such important Third reich military instalations like d'Eperlecques(Watten-Blockhaus),Wizernes- La Coupole(The Dome),Siracourt,Mimoyecques(multi-charged gun).These instalations became many,many times a target for Allied bombers including the Mosquito.So I am more or less disappointed that are neglected.As far as I know, this is a war map and not map for a glider pilots. It looks like the Paris city without Eiffel tower.So I hope that devs complete these instalations to the map. 

• Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely, the time-frame of the map is perfect for operation crossbow type missions striking Nazi V-weapon sites (even if only planned) so it would be pretty disappointing if ED miss them out.

La Coupole is just outside Saint Omer, but at the moment is an empty field with some trees - this place was a major planned V-2 launch site, and a primary target for operation crossbow, which is actually set at about the same time the map is set.

Same with the Blockhaus d'Eperlecques, also near Saint Omer - currently represented by a generic village.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...

Looks like we might be getting La Coupole, the changelog mentioned Wizernes but described it as a V-1 site - not sure if V-1s were stationed in Wizernes, La Coupole was a planned V-2 site that was only partially completed - though was still a major target for Operation Crosswbow which is perfect for the Channel.

EDIT: Nope

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, Northstar98 said:

Absolutely, the time-frame of the map is perfect for operation crossbow type missions striking Nazi V-weapon sites (even if only planned) so it would be pretty disappointing if ED miss them out.

La Coupole is just outside Saint Omer, but at the moment is an empty field with some trees - this place was a major planned V-2 launch site, and a primary target for operation crossbow, which is actually set at about the same time the map is set.

Same with the Blockhaus d'Eperlecques, also near Saint Omer - currently represented by a generic village.

Maybe a job for a skillfull modder?

Anyone know where the newly added V1 launch sites are located?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 4/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, rayrayblues said:

Anyone know where the newly added V1 launch sites are located?

I don't think they made it in, I've had a look at each location and there isn't anything there. We could probably put the launch ramps in ourselves, but the various structures such as tunnels, bunkers, roads etc aren't there at all. I'm not sure why ED announced it on the patch notes, because I'm pretty sure the locations have always been on the map.

The patch notes mentioned the following:

I've attached a mission below with trigger zones showing the approximate locations, if it's any use.

EDIT: Marked sites with structures still extant (including partially) and visible in the above locations on Google Earth with a (*).

V-Weapon Sites v.1.miz

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

System:

Yeah, thanks. I couldn't find them either.🤦‍♀️

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 4/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, rayrayblues said:

Yeah, thanks. I couldn't find them either.🤦‍♀️

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, I can find where they are supposed to be, but there's nothing there - I don't think anything has changed here since the inclusion of the Channel Map apart from maybe making the areas around the sites more accurate (even if the sites themselves are borderline absent - especially the larger site) so I'm not entirely sure what the changelog is referring to. Looking online you can see certain structures (namely the 'ski' storage bunkers and nonmagnetic compass alignment buildings even exist to this to this day)..

I wonder if @NineLine or @BIGNEWY can chime in, these targets are incredibly important for Operation Crosswbow, which is basically a perfect fit for the channel map, so it's fairly disappointing to not have the installations there, especially the large ones such as the Siracourt V-1 bunker (launch and storage), the Fortress of Mimoyecques, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques and La Coupole.

For the smaller sites, even if we could get the static objects (such as the launch ramp walls, the 'ski' storage bunkers and the compass alignment building) so we could place them manually (though we might run into issues with the mesh, and maybe some trees (though we can remove those), so far I've only found Val Ygot to be more problematic). 

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

System:

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, Porkie said:

anyone found them yet? the new stable update also mentions them...

I mean, I know where they are, but not sure what the changelogs are referring to.

They might've made the areas more accurate, but there's nothing but more or less flat areas with dirt tracks. There aren't any structures associated with the V-weapon sites (some of which exist to this day).

I guess we could build our own V-1 sites, but we only have the launch ramp, we're missing the walls for the launch ramp, the "ski" storage bunkers, the compass setting building etc. Some of which are still extant to this day.

It is especially noticeable with the larger sites (Siracourt, Wizernes, Blockhaus d'Éperlecques etc). I think Siracourt just has a flat grey texture, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques is a generic settlement, and Wizernes isn't there at all, nor is the Fortress of Mimoyecques.

I'm going to tag @BIGNEWY and @NineLine, maybe they know what's going on.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

System:

3 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

I mean, I know where they are, but not sure what the changelogs are referring to.

They might've made the areas more accurate, but there's nothing but more or less flat areas with dirt tracks. There aren't any structures associated with the V-weapon sites (some of which exist to this day).

I guess we could build our own V-1 sites, but we only have the launch ramp, we're missing the walls for the launch ramp, the "ski" storage bunkers, the compass setting building etc. Some of which are still extant to this day.

It is especially noticeable with the larger sites (Siracourt, Wizernes, Blockhaus d'Éperlecques etc). I think Siracourt just has a flat grey texture, the Blockhaus d'Éperlecques is a generic settlement, and Wizernes isn't there at all, nor is the Fortress of Mimoyecques.

I'm going to tag @BIGNEWY and @NineLine, maybe they know what's going on.

they could at least explain what they "mean" by 

• Added V1 Launch sites: Neuville, Wallon-Cappel, Maisoncelle, Siracourt, Vacqueriette, Ligescourt, Val Ygot, le Bouc, Wizernes, Lottinghen, Yvrenches.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, Porkie said:

they could at least explain what they "mean" by 

• Added V1 Launch sites: Neuville, Wallon-Cappel, Maisoncelle, Siracourt, Vacqueriette, Ligescourt, Val Ygot, le Bouc, Wizernes, Lottinghen, Yvrenches.

Agreed, but I'm fairly sure the locations have all been there from the get go - they might've made the areas more accurate, but the launch sites are nothing more than flat areas with generic dirt tracks.

They're completely missing associated structures (some exist to this day, especially the large sites), but I mean, even the railways are missing.

As for Siracourt and Wizernes; the former is most known for having a big bunker, the latter is known for having a big dome (and was a planned V-2 site, not V-1), both have plenty of diagrams detailing them (well, at least as planned).

Siracourt:

17.gif

nevington-v1-rocket-launch-site56_orig.j

Blockhaus d'Éperlecques:

wat_at006.jpg

knw_ground.jpg

Here's another one.

Wizernes:

Wizernes_site_diagram.png

wiz_layout.jpg

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

System:

On 6/13/2021 at 11:12 PM, Porkie said:

i've looked thru the forums and can't find any chain home radar locations on channel map, does anyone have them listed?

I'll get a mission file with trigger zones for you, watch this space.

One thing I will say here though is that I swear it was on the list to have them be functional, the towers are all there, however the TX antennae (strung between the TX towers) aren't there, and CHL stations are just regular CH RX towers.

CH Stations.miz

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

System:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Northstar98 said:

Agreed, because I'm fairly sure the locations have all been there from the get go - they might've made the areas more accurate, but the launch sites are nothing more than flat areas with generic dirt tracks.

They're completely missing associated structures (some exist to this day, especially the large sites), but I mean, even the railways are missing.

As for Siracourt and Wizernes; the former is most known for having a big bunker, the latter is known for having a big dome (and was a planned V-2 site, not V-1), both have plenty of diagrams detailing them (well, at least as planned).

Siracourt:

17.gif

nevington-v1-rocket-launch-site56_orig.j

Blockhaus d'Éperlecques:

wat_at006.jpg

knw_ground.jpg

Here's another one.

Wizernes:

Wizernes_site_diagram.png

wiz_layout.jpg

This would be an awesome addition to the map and would add so much more, including also V1 actually working too (there is a beautiful mod to make them work but would be great to have it in DCS properly implemented)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Another big installation that is missing is the Aachen Batterie and associated WW1 emplacements that were incorporated into the Atlantik Wall - Stp Tirpitz at Raversyde just west of Oostende Belgium.

Almost forgot they also had an airfield there which is now Oostende International airport 

[quote]During the Second World War, the Luftwaffe moved the airfield of Ostend-Stene to a site in the territory of the municipality of Middelkerke, five kilometres southwest of Ostend. It played a major role in the air battle with Britain.[citation needed] After the war, the airport of Raversijde-Middelkerke was turned into an international airport by the Department of Airways which had been established by that time.[/quote]

Ostend–Bruges International Airport - Wikipedia

German bunkers in France part of the Atlantikwall

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, unfortunately it looks like none of this is going to come:

Hi, 

The Channel is feature complete, but we still have some bugs and tweaks to make. 

thanks

• Like 1

System: