New vapour effects for the hornet?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

4 hours ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

According with this instagram entrie, there are new over wing and lerx vapour effects for the hornet:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKE21ijIdzz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Is this true, or is it an error?

This statement is true. New effects were indeed developed for the Hornet. It was the first aircraft in DCS to feature over wing vapor and rain over canopy. It does not say they developed new effects to replace the ones we currently heve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think that the vapour effects on DCS were a bit exagerated, but after watching this video they actually seem quite right:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...

I think the LEX Vapor looks pretty good!. But not the WING Vapor. The whole thing had to look much more (similar to running water) fluid.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

• 1 month later...

@Rudel_chw check this one, I would say there is still missing some of the vapors, specially on the wings them self and also on the leading edge extensions.

And last but not least, we still miss the Mach barrier so called vapor cone special effect.

Some more interesting reading about vortecies, where and how they generate and what structural modifications were made on aircrafts  F/A-18A/B/C/D because of them: http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0176.shtml

Edited by mitja_bonca

On 1/23/2021 at 8:36 AM, BarTzi said:

Nothing misleading in my opinion. Which part isn't true? there are vapor effects, and there weren't before the Hornet was released.

Check the date on the IG post. January 16, 2021. The Hornet was released into EA years ago. The description should be in simple past tense or otherwise specify that the new vapor effects were added way before the date of that posting. Otherwise it insinuates that there is some recent improvement or change. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1