Here we go again

Scandfox

It is Nice to fly Viggen in Night Operation

With no Landing Lights You can always land on Taxiways if Runway Lights are off

Taxiways have nice Blue Edge lights like Senaki Kolki In Caucasus

CK37 lights are hard to read but no problem with Try-And-Error

Radar works with filter (Thanks for the tip my Friend)

The attached picture of Anti-Collision Light speaks for itself

With next Viggen Change Log and everything will be just fine......

Mörker 1.png

• Like 1

The Viggen is in desperate need for a lighting overhaul.

Position lights (the small white lights on the trailing edge) being borked (half of them always on, even cold and dark regardless of light settings), the anti-collision light shining through things it shouldn't, the EP13 still missing its brightness controls. The HUD colours going a bit funky at night (for some reason it starts have turquoise symbology, while the numbers stay the normal green). 

The rest of the cockpit lights seem fine from where I'm at, just it would be nice to have a clickable RADAR filter.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

17 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

The Viggen is in desperate need for a lighting overhaul.

Position lights (the small white lights on the trailing edge) being borked (half of them always on, even cold and dark regardless of light settings), the anti-collision light shining through things it shouldn't, the EP13 still missing its brightness controls. The HUD colours going a bit funky at night (for some reason it starts have turquoise symbology, while the numbers stay the normal green). 

The rest of the cockpit lights seem fine from where I'm at, just it would be nice to have a clickable RADAR filter.

I am sure I saw EP13 brightness and contrast bindings avaible on controls.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Barbar said:

I am sure I saw EP13 brightness and contrast bindings avaible on controls.

The bindings are there, but there's supposed to be a control panel, that is what's missing.

The panel can be seen in the diagram on page 275 of the RC2 manual (no. 12), and again on page 319 (figure 209).

That and the fact that the countermeasure switch on the right side canopy frame is still marked incorrectly.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Same sh&t man 😃
No afterburner fire (or very small), no taxi lights, no radar filter, mad EP-13 brightness (you always need to decrease it), invisible needles and many other issues from this forum still there.

Someone from HB, please tell me that you know about them and will repair them)

Viggen is a wonderful plane that needs to be completed in the smallest detail. I think that many bugs can be fixed in a very short time, but for some reason no one is dealing with them =(

03.jpg

01.jpg

06.JPG

• Like 1

@Flappie or someone else, can you draw HB's attention to this little bug. He is very easy to correct.

Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\resources\IndicationTextures  file SweepArm.dds 

This texture has small, barely noticeable lines. They can only be noticed if the brightness is increased. 
They are also present in the alpha channel. Therefore, these lines are visible on the arrow of the radar, as in the video.
I am attaching fixed file. Please test it.
But still =(((, the tip of the arrow is visible in the extreme positions. 

the devil is in details 😃

SweepArm.jpg

123.jpg

SweepArm.dds

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alex.boiarintsev said:

the devil is in details 😃

I agree. I've already seen this bug. It's like discovering Santa doesn't exist for the second time!

Guess what? I'm preparing a list of remaining bugs for the Viggen. I've added this to the list.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

The lines are especially visible in low-light conditions last I checked.

System:

Are the radio Group and Base selection indicators supposed to illuminate?  Here's the image from Chuck's Guide:

image.png

And here's what they look like at night, with the cockpit flood turned on.  Without the flood, they are impossible to read.

image.png

I also wonder about the Master Mode and CK-37 Mode knobs.  Should the white indexer on the knobs illuminate, or in real life do you have to turn on the floods to see it?  Makes it hard to know what mode it's pointing to in the dark.  In the picture above you can see it only because the flood is on.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

19 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Are the radio Group and Base selection indicators supposed to illuminate?  Here's the image from Chuck's Guide:

image.png

And here's what they look like at night, with the cockpit flood turned on.  Without the flood, they are impossible to read.

image.png

I also wonder about the Master Mode and CK-37 Mode knobs.  Should the white indexer on the knobs illuminate, or in real life do you have to turn on the floods to see it?  Makes it hard to know what mode it's pointing to in the dark.  In the picture above you can see it only because the flood is on.

I think yes. Everything is highlighted.

37958 | Saab AJSF37 Viggen | Sweden - Air Force | Martin Djupenström |  JetPhotos

• Like 2