Goofy GAU?

MoToad

Just took my A10C II up for the first time for gun training. So, the first thing I noticed was I couldn't read any of the lower right and left on the hud. Is there an adjustment? Next there was no helmet hud. Is this just training? Then when I let the gun rip, there was no rip. Just something that sounded like a burp gun. Def not a BRRRRIP gun.

1. If you're not using any kind of headtracking it may be hard to see whole HUD.

2. HMCS is off on hot start, you have to turn it on - switch is in the back of right console

3. Sounds fine for me, maybe you're used to hearing the GAU from videos recorded on the outside, not inside.

K.Got it sorted. For some reason the gun gave a slower sound for a short trigger pul. But when held for two second burst the ol brrrrrrt was there. Or maybe it was just me. I am not using head tracking for training. Still sorting FTnoir.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:46 AM, Foka said:

3. Sounds fine for me, maybe you're used to hearing the GAU from videos recorded on the outside, not inside.

as @Foka alluded to, the sound the gun from outside and from in front sounds different than from inside the cockpit.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 1 month later...