Right door gunner not firing again?

Frag

Hi guys,

I am playing with the official release (not the beta one) and I noticed that the right door gunner does not open fire again. I remember that we had that bug in the past, but EA fixed it. But it came back.

My left door gunner will shoot well, but the right one is on a union break.

Are you guys aware of this?

Thanks

I find the opposite. My side gunners seem to be more keen to engage than my copilot - where he will sit there looking at a dude in front of him that's firing back and twiddle his fingers.

I have found that at some times, even with ROE on free fire, if I hit the trigger as pllot it fires the guns. Cycling the ROE through a few times seems to 'fix' it up - when this is the case.

Other times, I can't fire either. I don't know how it works behind the scenes but at the moment I'm suspicious that it's a combination of issues, and my best 'guess' at this stage is: 

1) ROE can get 'out of sync' with what's displaying on screen and what the AI's ROE really is.

2) AI gunner may have 'a different' enemy they're targetting, but can't shoot because they're out of range of the gun axis - but stays 'stuck' on that, and ignores any others that are shooting straight at them within their range of fire. 

In the past I used to 'fix' the front gunner by switching to co-pilot seat and flying while gunning at the same time. I can no longer do that on the servers I visit as they have multicrew (which I love) - but this doesn't work well when I'm solo and need that damn troop taken out. 😏

But all this is just best guess though from my experience. Take it with a grain of salt. Without knowing how the ai is really coded I could be way off the mark.

(I too only play stable release)

Edited by Dangerzone

To add some info about the issue.

The right gunner refused to fire, but I forgot to say that the left gunner was out of ammo. When a gunner is out of ammo, his ROE will automatically switch to "Hold Fire". I wonder if the gunner could have a bug where one gunner would use the ROE of the other.