Combo key assignment

Doc62

There's an Input/Output subforum (https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/70-input-and-output/), you probably get more answers there then in the General Tutorials section.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to assign the PRT SC key to another location in DCS to do a screenshot during game play?  I truly wish I could assign my TM FA18 #12 button to take screenshots. I use the spring slider which is 11 and 13 to zoom in and zoom out. I always thought it would be really cool to zoom in or what not, and then be able to press the slider on the FA18, which is #12 on the TM stick to take a snap.  So this way I don't have to reach up and press the keyboard. But in control settings that key command seems fixed and not optional. I wish DCS could fix that if there is no way around it.

Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 12:04 AM, DragonFlySlayer said:

Is it possible to assign the PRT SC key to another location in DCS to do a screenshot during game play?  I truly wish I could assign my TM FA18 #12 button to take screenshots. I use the spring slider which is 11 and 13 to zoom in and zoom out. I always thought it would be really cool to zoom in or what not, and then be able to press the slider on the FA18, which is #12 on the TM stick to take a snap.  So this way I don't have to reach up and press the keyboard. But in control settings that key command seems fixed and not optional. I wish DCS could fix that if there is no way around it.

Anyone know?

Out of the box DCS World doesn't let you do it. You would need to copy and paste one line of code from the "default.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\keyboard" to the "default.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\joystick". Not sure if it's woth the trouble, because updates and repairs will restore the original file, so you have to back up and restore.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5