F-5 weapons mod?

For the F-5 to become BVR capable, it would require a serious radar upgrade, with a much larger dish size. The radar upgrade would allow different A2A missile types to be utilised, AIM-120 for example.

Trying to use the current radar set with upgraded weapons in a BVR arena, would be like trying to illuminate the moon with a Maglite from your backyard, just ain’t powerful enough from such a small dish.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I think there was a discussion previously about carrying four sidewinders, but nothing was changed in this area.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

On 1/22/2021 at 12:39 AM, BryNX_Oldest_Tiger said:

Sure but is there any mods that maybe add new short range AAMs or at least let me carry more

You cant carry and launch anymore than the 2, currently allowed. You'd need access to the Weapons Lua for the F-5, to unlock the pylons and make them A2A missile capable. But this file is locked by ED. You can modify the F-5E lua to carry 2 extra missiles on the pylons, but it'll be for show only.