Arresting Hook Handle (special) - reversed?

DimSim

I tried binding the 'Arresting Hook Handle (special)' action to a 2-way switch on my Virpil throttle.

It appears to work as two way On <-> Off with hook extending or retracting. However the behavior is the opposite to what I expect.  The F18 hook extends in Off position and retracts in On position.  This is the opposite to F14 and all other 2 way special bindings I've used before (in other modules).

F14 has 'hook extend, else retract' (which I use) and also 'hook retract, else extend', which is the reverse like F18.

It makes sense to provide both directions to account for logical On direction or physical button mounting or movement.

Forum search shows numerous mentions of 2-way hook, gear and other requests. Please add those combinations or fix this one if it is unintentional.

Stick this line in [your directory here]\DCS World Open Beta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\common_joystick_binding.lua

It lets you use it the way you're looking for.  Not sure if it's really "wrong" in the sim, but I know it's backwards to how I'd like it mapped too.

{down = gear_commands.HookHandle,  up = gear_commands.HookHandle,  cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0,          name = _('Arresting Hook 2 pos switch'),  category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},

• Like 1