[NO BUG] EHSD Anomolies

BigMac

Hi all,

I'm re-learning the Harrier after a long spell away and was playing around with the EHSD/MMAP on the Conventional Bombing mission and noticed a few strange issues with the image of the MMAP.

I usually fly in N/Up because I find it easier to orientate on the area.

Initially I used the DMT to define the target area after designating Wpt 1 and set up my bombing profile for the first run - no problems.

On the second run, I entered a new waypoint #6 (L/Long from F10 map) as Bullseye so I could practice with offsets measured from BRA using the ruler in F10 to a target.

The entry seemed to work fine but I noticed that the top line of the STRS page remained populated on the MMAP page. 82  82H  82L

I tried cycling through the waypoints but the map remained in place and wouldn't SEQ through the waypoints , only in DATA page which didn't help me because the WO/S positions don't display in DATA page. In MMAP there was no SEQ for stepping through waypoints until I went back to NAV instead of AG.

Also, in MMAP page, BRA is out to sea but in DATA page, BRA position looks correct.

I've enclosed a track file to help identify what I mean.

Hope you can see what I'm talking about and I hope I haven't been doing something daft.

Thanks for the help. 

AV-8B EHSD anomalies.trk

Alright so alot has changed, so before I move this as a USER error, are you able to hop onto our Discord at any point this weekend? There just a whole lot to explain here about what you are seeing and describing.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [ASSISTING] EHSD Anomolies
On 1/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Alright so alot has changed, so before I move this as a USER error, are you able to hop onto our Discord at any point this weekend? There just a whole lot to explain here about what you are seeing and describing.

Could you make a video about the proper procedures and explain the things that users are seeing like he is describing?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:35 AM, Fri13 said:

Could you make a video about the proper procedures and explain the things that users are seeing like he is describing?

Im not sure what he is describing so I want to talk 1 on 1 and have him actively show me.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:35 AM, Fri13 said:

Im not sure exactly what the issue is so I would like to talk 1 on 1 with you and have you screen share so I can help you correct any issues you are having.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] EHSD Anomolies