Mission 10 - no radios

MrTInc71

Hi

in contrary to the mission flown on YouTube, I have zero radio chatter whilst on the flight deck. In the pattern around WP1 I got asked ‘where are you’ despite I am flying with Hammer 11 next to me. No clearance to advance to Wp2... I have up after 3 attempts and the same result. 
Does anyone  else experienced this bug???

Thank  you 

I start the mission. When I played it first there was some tannoy announcement but no radio checks ( watched the YT mission bay Redkite) or any other radio chatter. Eventually some 15-30 min into the mission around WP 1 my lead asked me where I was....

3 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

In M10 there should be a roll call - I’ll check. 

trk file is 33MB..too large to attach here...bugger 😞

you could clearly seen then that absolute no comms are happening at all 😞

Edited by MrTInc71
update

• 5 months later...

Played Mission 10 today. I too noticed no comms or radio check at start of mission. First radio message was Cajun calling me to formation.

I went to YouTube to see RedKite's start and saw lots of radio check and mission start dialogue.

I could have done something wrong, but came here to see if anyone else had the same.

Also got a call during egress 'Contact Knight for AAR <Press Space>'.  I could not see Knight on the radio preset list.  That was followed by 'Flip: We have enough fuel to head straight to Mother'.

Additionally, I tried to configure TACAN to Cajun's  50X AA setting but never got a lock so ended up using F10 map to find him.

Hey! 

For the initial radios - I will double check. 

For Knight - you should use the Strike Common freq (IIRC), but I will look it up too. 

For TACAN - the way it works now is as in real life - you need to set the channel 63 higher (or lower) than the aircraft you want to see, so in this case 113X. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks BD, and I wish I'd known about the TACAN earlier.

EDIT: Just tried loading the mission via Editor:

No comms at start again.

EDIT: On reading more, it looks like I can only get range information via TACAN, so not as useful as I'd hoped.

The TACAN keeps spinning as if not located beacon but the range on HUD appears to be correct.

Edited by DimSim

On 7/13/2021 at 6:26 AM, baltic_dragon said:

@DimSim I just ran the mission, all worked as advertised.

Do you choose "spectators" at mission start and enter the pit only when prompted by the text message?

And do you have your Easy Comms set to off?

This time I chose spectate and joined late as prompted.

Made no difference, still no radio comms.

Easy Comms are off (always off since playing BD's campaigns!)

Tested from Mission Editor.

Previous tests (and first play) I did not do the spectator sequence.  The document says to try that if game performs poorly.  Game is running fine and fast, so I didn't consider it.

Previous test (before this one), the first radio message I heard may have been 'Switch Strike'.

Edited by DimSim

• 1 month later...

Same with me. Played tonight, no comms until Cajun chewed me out inbound.

The takeoff times on the kneeboard are really out. Especially with no comms, I just assumed we'd try to keep those times, but I ended up on a cat with a moonshadow stuck behind me, the rest of my flight still parked and had to orbit at WP1 for them to catch up.

Fun times though, and loving the CAT III practice.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 2 weeks later...