F/A-18C Bleed Air Switch

I have been looking for the proper switch to use in my hornet cockpit as the Bleed Air switch and have not had any luck looking.  What are people using or is it out there to be purchased?  It need to have four positions and free to rotate without any stops built in. 

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Here's expensive example of a switch that is 4 position, 90 degree index and has continuous rotation. You could also go for a cheaper one, open 'er up and cut out the mechanical stop yourself to make it freely rotate. FWIW I think I read somewhere that the real switch is 8 position, even if only 4 of them are connected. Can't find the reference though.

Thanks DeadMeat for the help and suggestion.  I bought two of the switch below from Digi-Key.  I just finished disassembly, remove the stop and reassemble, after I found the two ball bearings that went flying and have it working.  Now comes the truth of hooking it up to my Arduino Uno and checking it out in the cockpit.  Wish me luck.

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/c-k/A12405RNCQ/3751952?s=N4IgTCBcDaIMYGsB2BGADATgygtEgJiALoC%2BQA

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I hooked up my Bleed Air switch to my Arduino Uno and followed the DCS BIOS for pin hook up.  I currently have Right Off to pin 2, NORM to pin 3, Left Off to pin 4 and OFF to pin 5.  When I am in the cockpit and turn the switch, it has a mind of its own.  It continually wants to sit in Right Off with the occasional stop at something else.  When I am moving the switch between settings, it shows that it is continuously rotating when looking at the switch in the cockpit.  Why is this happening?  I have read everything in the DCS BIOS manual on rotary switch and can't seem to get this rotary switch to work.    I think I have everything hooked up correctly.  Please help

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.  Will try those and see what happens.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson