Time Since Flag repetitive switch losing track of time near instantly.

XCNuse

Tried to use time since flag as a timer to keep track of the time to spawn in units, was doing a quick test having it run every 15 seconds and spitting out a message to check it.

I noticed that within even 1 minute, the timer had fallen off track time-wise very quickly, surely something is wrong here.

Alternatively, anyone reading this, if you have any solutions that would increase flag value every X minutes, would be appreciated!

time since flag not keeping track of time.miz

very strange..

Mind doing a test for me then, if you go into a speed multiply mode; does it lose track then? I think it's ctrl-z? or ctrl shift z?

the repetitive trigger should have a pop up "test" every 15 seconds but, the first one for me was at 16 seconds mission time (as expected), the second one was ~32+ seconds, the third was around 47 seconds, and the fourth was at like 70+ seconds or thereabouts...

I'm not 100% positive if I didn't test it without time multiplication, was running tight on time this AM, but surely time multiply shouldn't break a time counter like that that fast either way

Edited by XCNuse

I used this logic, Flag 1 is checked once per minute, while Flag 2 counts how many minutes have elapsed. I use three triggers:

1) Initialization:

pinGPkm.jpg

2) Every 60 seconds, I add 1 to Flag 2, print a message on screen with the elapsed time, toggle flag 1 to re-start its timer.

Yc0geL9.jpg

3) I terminate the cycle when 3 minutes have elapsed:

ghOZWTX.jpg

Just tried it and the precision is within +/- 1 second on each 1 minute cycle.

Here is a mission that makes use of these triggers:

🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Must be a time multiply issue; Thanks for that Rudel, I like that method better than what I was doing by increasing the flag!

That said I think I could do some interesting things with a +1 to the flag with random events and random flag counting, but I'll check out that method instead!