Reverb G2, lose mouse control sometimes

Kayos

Hi, I just got the Reverb G2.  I've noticed sometimes when I Alt-Enter or Alt-Tab back and forth from DCS to my Desktop I sometimes lose mouse control when I go back to DCS.  I can see the cursor dot in DCS but I can't move it at all.  Does anyone know a fix for it?  Currently I have to shut down WMR\SteamVR and restart the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen the same. I have found that the order of launching is important. For example, I need to launch voiceattack before DCS otherwise the mouse on G2 doesn't move. It has happened that voiceattack needed to be restarted and after restarting the mouse on DCS froze which required closing down steamVR and restarting DCS. Also if I alt tab, after completing the actions, I need to move the mouse on the screen back onto DCS and then click onto it to make it the active window for the mouse to work in G2, so I guess it depends on what you are doing when you alt-tab ie are you opening a new app or window

Firing up the controller, bringing up the menu by pressing the windows key and closing it, fixes this behaviour, as does I think pressing windows +y

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just like to chime in here and help out.

I've been having this problem for weeks. Trouble is - I only get the odd moment here and there to test and try out which is why it has taken me ages to solve.

Long story short - but there is a setting for WMR found within "windows settings". (and oddly, not also within the VR space which threw me)

Go to "Mixed Reality" and  look for "Headset Display" - (3rd one down) and scroll down until you come across "Input Switching". Set that to Manual.

I use Voice Attack for things like: "Centre" (snaps head to middle of cockpit) and "Mouse" (the Win+Y key) etc...

There is a tiny sensor within the G2 I didn't even know about. What was happening with me is that I would lift the headset slightly to see a light switch or move a glass out of the way and I would place the headset back down over my face (talking only a inch or so) and lose the mouse. Drove me nuts!!

The G2 would say to WMR "he's took his headset off -  switch mouse to desktop please" -(even though i hadn't) 

Sometimes Win+Y would work to get the mouse back-sometimes it wouldn't.

So its the automatic feature that's rubbish.

It sounds good in theory - but doesn't always work.

Now what they need to do is fix the dam turning VR off when you leave it idle for too long. Instead of simply turning the screens off as a safety feature, they turn the whole VR eco system off - meaning that DCS will assume you have killed off the VR and close!

Tusk! how very Microsoft!

(although I will say that MSFS2020 has a VERY nice way of implementing VR. You simply press Shift+Tab (i think it is) to turn VR on and off seamlessly. Very impressive. So if your VR closes - you can simply get it back by pressing those keys, or assign it to Voice Attack like I do)

DCS - if your listening, (I doubt it) THAT would be very nice indeed!)

I have an new interesting issue I am hoping to solve - I am probably going to have to post it as I dare say I will find an answer.

Edited by cptmrcalm
  • Like 1

I have a similar problem. Whenever I take my G2 off during the flight in DCS - even for a moment - I instantly loose mouse input. The workaround is to power up the controller, go to Steam VR settings (via pressing concave menu button) and then "Return to application". This makes the mouse come back. Let's see if manual input switching helps here.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

2 hours ago, cptmrcalm said:

Just like to chime in here and help out.

I've been having this problem for weeks. Trouble is - I only get the odd moment here and there to test and try out which is why it has taken me ages to solve.

Long story short - but there is a setting for WMR found within "windows settings". (and oddly, not also within the VR space which threw me)

Go to "Mixed Reality" and  look for "Headset Display" - (3rd one down) and scroll down until you come across "Input Switching". Set that to Manual.

I use Voice Attack for things like: "Centre" (snaps head to middle of cockpit) and "Mouse" (the Win+Y key) etc...

There is a tiny sensor within the G2 I didn't even know about. What was happening with me is that I would lift the headset slightly to see a light switch or move a glass out of the way and I would place the headset back down over my face (talking only a inch or so) and lose the mouse. Drove me nuts!!

The G2 would say to WMR "he's took his headset off -  switch mouse to desktop please" -(even though i hadn't) 

Sometimes Win+Y would work to get the mouse back-sometimes it wouldn't.

So its the automatic feature that's rubbish.

It sounds good in theory - but doesn't always work.

Now what they need to do is fix the dam turning VR off when you leave it idle for too long. Instead of simply turning the screens off as a safety feature, they turn the whole VR eco system off - meaning that DCS will assume you have killed off the VR and close!

Tusk! how very Microsoft!

(although I will say that MSFS2020 has a VERY nice way of implementing VR. You simply press Shift+Tab (i think it is) to turn VR on and off seamlessly. Very impressive. So if your VR closes - you can simply get it back by pressing those keys, or assign it to Voice Attack like I do)

DCS - if your listening, (I doubt it) THAT would be very nice indeed!)

I have an new interesting issue I am hoping to solve - I am probably going to have to post it as I dare say I will find an answer.

Yep couple of things that other sim does differently for VR that I would love to see done in DCS.

Seamless switching between VR and 2D monitor while in game as you mentioned.

Separate graphics settings tab for VR and one for PC.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 1/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, dburne said:

Separate graphics settings tab for VR and one for PC.

That's what Skate's indispensable utility is for!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box