No target speed/altitude in radar lock

Cmptohocah

I had a weird situation the other day: had a hostile locked up with both my EOS and radar, but I never received any speed, aspect nor altitude of the target. On the screenshot you can see that I had LA for my R-27ER which did go off eventually and hit the target. Anyone has an idea on what's happening here?

eos.jpg

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

No ... can you try and do an experiment to reproduce?   Was the EOS turned on by you on purpose?

This may have to do with which sensor is in priority.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

4 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

No ... can you try and do an experiment to reproduce?   Was the EOS turned on by you on purpose?

This may have to do with which sensor is in priority.

To be honest it was in heat of the battle, so I can't remember really. Knowing my habits, it was probably a case of radar lock being broken and EOS taking over automatically. I do remember that the LA was not flashing as it does when the target is locked by EOS only. The missile guided to target with the HUD looking the same as in the screenshot.

Edited by Cmptohocah

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

It may be an odd bug.  🙂  It's possible for the EOS to not give you this sort of information past a certain range (And it looks like your target is far enough for that but then, you shouldn't be getting any range either) but I don't know if the radar is supposed to take over again after the EOS has taken over for it.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

11 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

This is perfectly normal.

You only get the additional information in BVR mode. In all the close combat modes, the HUD is more minimalistic.

Close Combat Mode at 20km?
That is interesting indeed. Why would it switch to this mode? I picked the target up in BVR mode.

I was also under the impression that Close Combat Mode in DCS has a range limit of 10km.

Edited by Cmptohocah

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

53 minutes ago, BlackPixxel said:

He is in close combat mode, HUD says BVB in the bottom left.

BVR mode would be DVB.

Yes. It was a case of seeing what I expected to see, rather than seeing what was there. I read the first letter as a Cyrillic “D”.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

9 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

If the target was locked in BVR mode, then this is indeed a bug.

Close combat does not lock targets beyond 10 km with radar, but with EO it can lock further if the heat signature is strong enough.

Could it be that after loosing the target in radar BVR mode and EOS taking over, the radar just defaults back to CCM?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

5 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

Could it be that after loosing the target in radar BVR mode and EOS taking over, the radar just defaults back to CCM?

Just experimented and that's not what happened in my test. Locked the target in BVR closed to within 10 km as target moved into the notch. EOS took over as primary with Radar secondary and the mode remained BVR. Once the target exited the notch, I got the launch cue. At no time did I not have target information on the HUD after radar reaquired.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

21 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Just experimented and that's not what happened in my test. Locked the target in BVR closed to within 10 km as target moved into the notch. EOS took over as primary with Radar secondary and the mode remained BVR. Once the target exited the notch, I got the launch cue. At no time did I not have target information on the HUD after radar reaquired.

My notch happened beyond 10km. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

6 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

My notch happened beyond 10km. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't think so. I haven't been able to replicate it. The only way I can drop into BVB is to actively select it. But that switches the selected missile to an IR type and I, then, have to reselect the R-27ER. My guess is that what happened was just an anomoly of some sort, unless you accidentally switched from BVR to CAC.

_____