HDD sun reflection

Cmptohocah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just had a look at the Su-27 cockpit *.dds files.  I've not worked on the Su-27 and can't even fly one or test this (I own the Su-33 add-on but not Flaming Cliffs 3) but If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say the fix lies in su27_cpt_inter.dds.  There's a rectangle beginning at pixel position 1508,1392 stretching right and down to 1848, 1828 that looks suspiciously like the surface of the Su-33 default MFD that I cleaned up.  I'd paint that rectangle opaque black and give it a try 😉

If you're not sure how to do this, you can PM me your email and I'd be happy to send you an su27_cpt_inter.dds with blacked out MFD to test (I tried to attach it to this message but it's far larger than the 5MB limit).  If my file works, I can also add a grid pattern like on my Su-33 MFD fix and put it up in the user files section for everyone to d'load.

Remember, if you're not comfortable installing a new su27_cpt_inter.dds, you can always d'load one of the custom Su-27 cpits, replace it's su27_cpt_inter.dds with yours and piggyback on it's install.

Hope that helps!

Edited by WytchCrypt

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kseremak said:

Did MiG-29, Su-27 and i.e. Ka-50 use the same HUD?

Yes, and Su-25T too. It's called ИЛС-31 and was common in many 1980s designs.

Although the displayed HUD symbology in Ka-50 is pretty different from the rest it's still the same unit.

• Thanks 2