Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Customer support

Taz1004

I didn't see credit card transaction on my bank website so I contacted their support to check the status and at the end, just asked when I could expect the delivery.  Then I got "Read the f'ing manual" type of response saying it's all stated on their website.  True but I thought it was rude so I said that wasn't polite and this is the response I got.

I prefer to get the point across. Thanks. 

So I was going to file a complaint so I asked for his name and he just closed my case.

Is this the type of support I should expect in the future?

You might have got this person on a bad day. Most of the support personnel I have interacted with appeared to be Russian, and English is not their first language, aside from the cross-cultural issues.  Could have been a person new to the support service. Lots of possibilities. 

I've had 20+ interactions with these support personnel and they've all been polite and generally positive.  I wouldn't get too concerned unless the rate of "impolite" interactions goes above one in ten or so.  Remember if it's 50+%, then you may have to look in the mirror to see if your phrasing is off base (based on personal experience!).  Sometimes we put the support person in the position where a "party line" response (RTFM is a form of party line response) is all they have to give.  All communication stops at that point and you get to choose one of three things: attack, defend, or withdraw.  

Bottom line: you should expect decent support most of the time.

8 hours ago, hydbyr said:

You might have got this person on a bad day. Most of the support personnel I have interacted with appeared to be Russian, and English is not their first language, aside from the cross-cultural issues.  Could have been a person new to the support service. Lots of possibilities. 

That's what I first assumed.  Must be cultural thing.  So I said that's not very polite here in US.  and this was his full response.

I am in the US, and I prefer to get the point across. Thanks. 

And those two responses, from the first to second, was in span of 3 days.

Not much to be done, now.  DCS doesn't have any competition.  You've probably already invested a lot of money in modules.  So you've got to either move on and write it off to bad luck with the service person or be mad for a long time without any way to get rid of the anger.