Mobile Broadband Multiplayer Server ?

I live in a rural location in the UK where the only option for high speed broadband is with a connection via a dish on our roof to a cellphone tower. This actually works extremely well and provides approx 70Mbps down and 35Mbps up.

However, the connection is really designed for cellphone use and as such the providers don't offer individual IP addresses - rather, as I understand it, many users are clumped together in shared public IP addresses.

There are companies which do offer fixed IP SIM cards, but these are aimed at business and so are prohibitively expensive.

So, although I've been able to successfully set up a multiplayer DCS server on a spare machine and use it within my home network, I don't believe it will be possible, even via a DNS service, for me to publish the DCS server externally.

I'm no networking expert however, can anyone here advise me otherwise ?

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Normally that kind of connection has not reliable ping ans packet stability to host servers, any kind of it, especially game server type where that parameters is really important rather then only upload/download.
On top of that, they are normally NATTED network, so basically it's not directly exposed over the internet.
you should ask at your ISP if they have some public ip options to make dcs server works, but i strongly discourage you to host public server on that connection.

Regards.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

6 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

Normally that kind of connection has not reliable ping ans packet stability to host servers, any kind of it, especially game server type where that parameter is really important rather then only upload/download.
On top of that, they are normally NATTED network, so basically it's not directly exposed over the internet.
you should ask at you ISP if they have some public ip options to make dcs server works, but i strongly discourage you to host public server on that connection.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I pretty much figured that was the case but thought I'd put it to you experts on this forum to be sure.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards