Move seat position in VR

muehlema

Hi

What can I do to adjust the seat position in VR.

In The spit the head, when centering is above hud. I cannot see the aiming recticle. I tried to assign View Up and Down to the joystick but the height does not change.

Any tip what to assign?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Hello

There's some info in https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/171579-fov

The basic controls are called "Cockpit Camera".  They involve Rght Ctrl+RShft + 8 or 2 or 6 or 4 etc.  I'm still trying to find out all the details, but that should get you started.

I hope that helps a bit :-)

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

10 hours ago, SpitFlyer said:

The basic controls are called "Cockpit Camera".  They involve Rght Ctrl+RShft + 8 or 2 or 6 or 4 etc.  I'm still trying to find out all the details, but that should get you started.

I hope that helps a bit 🙂

I mapped it onto the stick - did work

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

Hi,

try to use right shift + Rctrl and numpad keys to adjust head position, 

So Rshift + Rctrl + Numpad 2 for lowering your head. 

hope it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I will check now, to be sure.

edit: Yes corrected post. Rctrl + Rshift + numpad keys 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

To OP, make sure you have Save User Snap Views checked in Options.  Then in-game, when you're satisfied with the camera position, do RAlt + Numpad 0 to save it.  It will be saved even after restart.

An exactly that doesn't work for me. After EVERY start of DCS I have to adjust my head position. That be said, I use just one Aircraft almost exclusively and that is the F-14. The adjustment itself is no problem, I save every time but the results are always different the next time. Wrote that on the way VR is  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

To me it seems as the default headposition in VR is correct in the Hornet, Viper, L39 for example but to far forward in the F14 and to far back in the Viggen.
I have been waiting for a update that would change this but I dont know if Heatblur has said anything about it, there has been no update thats all I know. 
I have tried saving it with save snap views but it dont seem to function in VR for me because it wont save.

Every time I start a F14 or Viggen flight I have to move front/back but its not a major problem, just dont see the reason why it is as it is.

Edited by Fisherman82

VR Snap Views do not save correctly for me either. Guaranteed that it does not work after going from VR, to 2D, and back to VR.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

VR Snap Views do not save correctly for me either. Guaranteed that it does not work after going from VR, to 2D, and back to VR.

What module?  Try putting the camera in extreme positions like very low to the seat cushion.  Save then restart.  Make sure Num lock is on.

If that doesn't work, then it has to be the module.

12 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

What module?  Try putting the camera in extreme positions like very low to the seat cushion.  Save then restart.  Make sure Num lock is on.

If that doesn't work, then it has to be the module.

Haha, so many modules that it's a repeatable problem.

21 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

From what you've said and Jaeger above, it's all 3rd party developer modules so far.  Anything from ED?

Sry, typo. A10, A10_2, and Viggen. A mix of ED and HB.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Sry, typo. A10, A10_2, and Viggen. A mix of ED and HB.

Haha, so you can't do this.

User Snap View Saving is checked.  I moved the camera to bottom corner and saved it.  Then I'm moving and pressing center view to show snapping to saved position works.

Closed and restarted DCS.  It starts at the position I saved.  Snapping still works.  Just to be sure, I move the camera to top right and forward and save.  Making sure it's saved by snapping it again.  This time before I exit, I move the camera to center but WITHOUT saving.

DCS restarted and I'm at the last SAVED position.  Not the position I exited at.

If you can't do this, then yea, I'd agree you have a problem.  Do you have SnapViews.lua in "\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\"?  And it's writable?

31 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Haha, so you can't do this.

User Snap View Saving is checked.  I moved the camera to bottom corner and saved it.  Then I'm moving and pressing center view to show snapping to saved position works.

Closed and restarted DCS.  It starts at the position I saved.  Snapping still works.  Just to be sure, I move the camera to top right and forward and save.  Making sure it's saved by snapping it again.  This time before I exit, I move the camera to center but WITHOUT saving.

DCS restarted and I'm at the last SAVED position.  Not the position I exited at.

If you can't do this, then yea, I'd agree you have a problem.  Do you have SnapViews.lua in "\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\"?  And it's writable?

Sometimes it works on restart, sometimes it does not.

• 10 months later...
On 1/3/2014 at 12:25 PM, SkateZilla said:

will post my autoexec.cfg when I get home tonight,

I have it set to use 2 cores (06 and 07) and cap my FPS at 30 (to avoid Tearing etc).

On 1/20/2021 at 5:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

try to use right shift + Rctrl and numpad keys to adjust head position, 

So Rshift + Rctrl + Numpad 2 for lowering your head. 

hope it helps

Hey guys, this hasn't been working for me in VR. Rshift+Rctrl doesn't do anything.