Aim-120s and TWS

Eagle7907

I noticed something funny after shooting as titled. I saw there was a post prior about something sort of this nature, but was labeled previously reported and with@bignewy saying to wait for the next update, which was already released since then and topic closed.

What happens is when you have bugged an L&S get with in the launch range and shoot, if you bank either left or right more than 30-45 degrees to notch, the radar loses track until your bank gets back to below this value. I’m not sure if it is affecting the success of the kill or not, but it seems to be pretty evident when you bank and you see “LOSE” on the fly out symbology, but yet it comes back and continues to count to pit bull. I will provide a track if requested since it seems pretty easy to replicate.

I don't know why I said that, here's a track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oeqyuzphcxrgmh/TWS120.trk?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• ED Team

For now it is important to support the missile until it goes active, we still have some work to do. I will put my previous quote below.

The next, big task for modern air-to-air missile modelling will be the inclusion of coupled INS and data link. While we currently model these as separate systems, they are not currently tied. Once some other Hornet and Viper weapon tasks are complete, we will return to this

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Oh I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  So, would a maneuver like that normally wouldn't cause a lost track?  Because I still kept the contact with in the limits of the radar.  I'm just trying to understand what's going on.  Because as you can see, that shot was successful as well.  Thanks.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

On 1/21/2021 at 10:39 AM, Bravo One said:

maybe nothing

^this, it means zero RN. Ive seen it show LOST for valid shots and normal TTI for 60nm shots at 20kft Just support to active and its all good, the DLZ cues as a whole are fairly useless RN.

• Thanks 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Got it. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro