Heatblur Pavania Tornado

Toga10

is it just me that thinks that Heatblur would do an amazing Tornado GR1? 

Think about it, they've already proved to the community that they can make an outstanding aircraft with;

• variable geometry wings
  • a back seater i.e rio, WSO or Navigator With a compitent AI
  • From the 70's/80's

I'd really like a GR4 but thats probably still quite classified. idk what do you guys think?

1_VLXbMCFTu8q0gyTJNYo31A.jpeg

4414884514_e241081fb9_z.jpg

• Like 6

😂 Sorry, just heatblur are probably sick of us banging on about the Tornado. Yeah I know they would do a great Tornado, but I don’t think they will be giving anything away until after the Viggen and the Tomcat are sorted this year, like they’ve said. In all honesty I don’t think they have even made a decision as to what they’re next module will be, they probably have some ideas but I doubt they have made any decisions. 
one thing though, I do hope that heatblur do it one day, simply because their jester a.i is something I’ve been highly impressed with, I don’t think people realise how revolutionary that interface is for flight sims. I can’t think of anything like it in any simulation, and it’s really fluid as well, and I find flying the Tomcat in single player really enjoyable. And I admit to being a little apprehensive about how effective it would be before launch. The tornado being very much a two man crew I.e systems were operated in the back seat, it wasn’t just a duplicate of the front seat an a.i backseater would therefore be really important in a simulation like DCS. I don’t think Razbam would take it on for that reason, and that’s not a dig at Razbam, I think they have been doing some great work on the harrier recently, but they already made it clear they won’t be doing a jester type interface for their F15E, to be fair as they explained it the front seater is able to operate all systems that the backseater can with that aircraft, but my point is I don’t think the Tornado would be for Razbam. So I do hope eventually Heatblur do it. 

Edited by westr
  • Like 2

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

11 hours ago, westr said:

I don’t think they have even made a decision as to what they’re next module will be, they probably have some ideas but I doubt they have made any decisions. 

It's probably going to be a fully functional version of the AI A-6 or Draken they're making.

but lets keep pestering them to do a tornado and fingers crossed they'll do one in the future 😂

I would personally prefer a GR1 or equivalent variant. But that’s just me. Simply because I would love to recreate desert storm scenarios at some point in the future. The GR4 great airplane but became more of a medium level bomber, the low level strike is something I would love to try especially on a map of Iraq in DCS. Would be like getting the desert storm add-on for D.I’s Tornado all over again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

On 1/18/2021 at 11:06 PM, Toga10 said:

is it just me that thinks that Heatblur would do an amazing Tornado GR1?

You must be new here AND don't know how to use the search function to not be aware of all the other threads asking exactly the same :music_whistling:

Like this one with more than 10(!) pages:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

19 hours ago, westr said:

The GR4 great airplane but became more of a medium level bomber,

yes but that doesn't mean it can't carry out the low level role it can still do almost all of the things the gr1 could, and it gives people the opertunity to use paveways, brimstone, stormshadow etc 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Toga10 said:

yes but that doesn't mean it can't carry out the low level role it can still do almost all of the things the gr1 could, and it gives people the opertunity to use paveways, brimstone, stormshadow etc 

Like I say it would just be my personal preference. 

• Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Not just you @Toga10! Another Tonka thread...oh well, that won't stop us piling on in to show support 🙂 

Late GR1, (GW1 mods) would be the sweet spot for me - it's the most involved (and therefore fun) for pilot and navigator - and remains true to what DCS really is* - so would be my dream.

*A late Cold War Simulator (c.1980-1990). It's where the simulator shines, and the Tornado sits right slap bang in terms of ethos and capabilites. Anyway...

As to how likely...who knows. There's always been a strong crowd for the Tornado historically, and more recently a strong desire within that crowd for Heatblur to take it on for DCS. They've earned the trust of those who love the plane to do a good job of it. The same holds true for the fans of the A-6, F-111 etc etc too...it's just that they're all crap and the Tonka is ace 🙂  

Hat, coat...

• Like 4

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

On 1/20/2021 at 12:12 PM, Tonker said:

Late GR1, (GW1 mods) would be the sweet spot for me - it's the most involved (and therefore fun) for pilot and navigator - and remains true to what DCS really is* - so would be my dream.

I agree a late GR1 would be the best choice. Do the mod you've mentioned apply to the GR1.A or .B or both?

• Like 2

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

On 1/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, westr said:

I would personally prefer a GR1 or equivalent variant. But that’s just me. Simply because I would love to recreate desert storm scenarios at some point in the future. The GR4 great airplane but became more of a medium level bomber, the low level strike is something I would love to try especially on a map of Iraq in DCS. Would be like getting the desert storm add-on for D.I’s Tornado all over again. 

D.I's Tornado.  Now there's a sim that was ahead of its time.🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 1:37 AM, westr said:

😂 .... So I do hope eventually Heatblur do it. 

Me too!

Love, dedication, knowledge, and enthusiasm. That's what a Tornado (same as the Tomcat) would need IMHO.

Sometimes in life you have to take what it needs ... and ... some things can't be avoided, whether you want to or not.

Go for it HB!

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

My favorite Tornado would the the most advanced version (from a systems perspective), the ECR variant. But given that, generally, even decades-old EW technology is still highly classified, I don't see that happening within the next 15 years in DCS. Same would be true for Prowler, Growler, or any other form of EW systems modelling. Unfortunately.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

My favorite Tornado would the the most advanced version (from a systems perspective), the ECR variant. But given that, generally, even decades-old EW technology is still highly classified, I don't see that happening within the next 15 years in DCS. Same would be true for Prowler, Growler, or any other form of EW systems modelling. Unfortunately.

The ECR is not as interesting as you might think. That means, it's not that much more interesting. I would say it is differently interesting.

I don't know what your knowledge about the system is.

I was testing sensors on ECR and IDS for 2 years.

It's a trade off. The bird trades electronic (+ on the old verion IR) RECCE for the gun. Thats more or less it.

There are other things but they have a small to no impact in terms of DCS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman