5900x low passmark score

Good morning to everyone 

I recently did a new build with an AMD ryzen 5800x, Asus B550-e gaming motherboard and 64gb (2x32gb cl16 dual rank crucial ballistix).T

I did the first tests without resetting windows (just uninstalled intel drivers and installed AMD ones, I know it is not ideal but it was to test and Windows 10 seems to be able to cope particularly well with this kind of hardware changes).

Everything seemed good with the 5800x with very high passmark score, higher then the baseline after some tweaking (

After some day, I decided to reset windows and I started to have lower performances so I installed passmark software and checked again, and I was having lower single thread scores (3200 vs the previous 3500+), and the only thing that changed was the windows reinstall.

Then I was able to find a 5900x at a good price and so I returned the 5800x.

I manage to have better performances then my previous intel build (i9 9900k + 32gb gskill ram), but still the passmark scores are lower then it should be.

I did the usual hygiene checks (drivers, bios, uninstalled all asus bloatware, double checked the AIO on the CPU and the thermal paste).

But nothing helped me.

I compared my results with the one of @Raven (Elysian Angel)which has the same CPU (

And while all the scores seems similar the only two which are not are the floating point math (where my CPU scores at half) and the single thread score.

During the testing i observed the temps and the frequencies and those seems to be good (on default settings never excedeed 60 degrees and frequencies up to 4850 in single thread). I tried also to apply PBO2 settings (+200MHZ boost, -15 curve optimizer) and while the scores rised a bit, those two areas (single thread and floating point) remains highly lower then the baseline.

These are my best results (not at default settings...elysian did her tests using default settings), with default settings I get slightly lower scores.

As you can see he surpasses 40000 total score (mine is almost 36000) and the major differences are single thread (3222 vs over 3500) and floating point (37000 vs 80000).

So my last resort is to format windows again...

Do someone has idea on which setting or software could cause this?

image_3356.png

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I may have found the cause.....
Asus AI suite.
The problem is that uninstalling it won’t solve the issue.
I found this using a windows to go installed on a usb c ssd.
With that i got normal scores in the benchmarks.
So I tried to install on that installation all the drivers and programs, and when installed thar asus bloatware, the scores lowered as in the original install.
Now need to find a way to fix without the need to reinstall windows.
But until now I had no luck unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a reminder to everyone.

Do not install the ASUS bloatware if you have an asus motherboard (ASUS AI SUITE).

I had to reinstall windows again, there was not any other solution.

Now I have excellent scores, and excellent performances in DCS VR

• Like 1

I wonder how many people still install the software that comes with a motherboard? It has always been crap from the beginning.

Used to do that also on my first 2 motherboards i had but it's often written to crawl inside your OS install that it gives nothing but problems when you try to remove it.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

When you install the full thing it can easily go wrong, with all the sub-apps attached and installed it can easily become a nightmare, been there.

As long as you can somehow control your fans and oc in Bios you can actually "not-install" it pretty well and get along.

Usually, with a new board and new install I sacrifice the first install to try it all out and once I know my about I reinstall fresh, kinda like that.

What drove me nuts most of the time is Asus Aura .... oh man.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Personally I control all my fans with Corsair iCUE...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset