DCS does not detect X52 mode and pinkie switches.

Barbar

5 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Because they're set as shift state in X52 software.  You have to go to Grid views, delete all the shiftstate and modes that uses those buttons.

But then, why are you using X52 software if you're gonna use them as buttons?

I didn't know what the software does. Im planning to set them as modifiers on DCS control settings. Thanks a lot for helping.

16 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Because they're set as shift state in X52 software.  You have to go to Grid views, delete all the shiftstate and modes that uses those buttons.

But then, why are you using X52 software if you're gonna use them as buttons?

When i delete all the shiftstates and save the profile and try to open it, it says ''Failed to open file''

You can't delete them all.  You have to have at least one shiftsate.  But delete the button in that shiftstate by right clicking on it and choose No Buttons.

But once again, there's absolutely no point to using the software if you're gonna do this.  Just uninstall the software.

Just now, Taz1004 said:

You can't delete them all.  You have to have at least one shiftsate.  But delete the button in that shiftstate by right clicking on it and choose No Buttons.

But once again, there's absolutely no point to using the software if you're gonna do this.  Just uninstall the software.

I uninstalled the software before i make this thread, DCS still didn't detect those buttons so i reinstalled it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 5:46 AM, Taz1004 said:

Personally I was able to fix this problem by using the software to make it a recognizable keystroke for DCS.

I can't help anyone with the stick buttons as I no longer own the stick portion of the X-52, but I do still have the throttle quadrant and managed to set up a profile that made it so that the functions on the throttle which were previously bound to mouse functions (the mousewheel on the front, the nub and button under your thumb), and those which previously had no function (like the button with a circled i on it), are now functional as their own independent buttons on any game not just DCS. Opens up SO many modifiers. I will edit this post and upload my profile later.

Edited by StuntPuppy
Added the quote I meant to have in the first place.

• 3 months later...

Very odd that it doesn't recognize your sliders AtlasR1se. Did you ever get that fixed?

Uploading the profile I said I would once upon a time.

This makes all the buttons on the X52 throttle quadrant into, well, buttons, usable in any game. I use them as modifiers.

Technically you could make the wheel scroll up and down be buttons as well.

I used the X52 software to right-click and change all the controls I wanted to change in mode 1 to "Fallback", then set Mode 1's "Fallback" to Mode 2. Then, under the mode 2 column, all the controls you previously set to "Fallback", set them to "Button." This may prompt you to assign a button to that button. It's possible to assign your joystick buttons to other buttons, but that's not the point of this. Just click the red X and it should then be set as an undefined "button." You can do this same process with any control you want to change.

Hope this helps the X-52 owners still out there. There are dozens of us, dozens! I've had mine for over 15 years.

If you're struggling with deadzones or 0 and 100% deadzones, go to Windows search and look for "Set up USB game controllers." From there, click X-52 Hotas -> Properties -> Deadzone tab at the top. You can right click in the deadzone fields and click "Unlink deadzones" for 0% or 100% deadzones, or if you need it to be asymmetrical (a little more deadzone to the left than to the right, etc.)

Default1.pr0

Edited by StuntPuppy