As far as i can tell that mosquito they had didnt even have props or gear on it? at least i cant find any pictures as such, hurts my eyes just as much as seeing a spitfire with a daimler engine installed.

What's so wrong, because the other planeskins offtopic?🤔

Then sry for this mistake!🙄

Edited by Jandar

:pilotfly:

Intel i5-5600K 6x6 @3.7Ghz - 32GB DDR4 - GTX 1080Ti(11GB) - M.2 SSD 1TB - SSD 2TB - Win 10 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried to put together a reference chart for WWII RAF (Allied) Aircraft Colours using digital colour codes (RGB, #HEX & CMYK) referenced from British and Federal Standard Colour names and codes for the era.
Source references: 
British Aviation Colours of World War Two - Arms and Armour Press.
British Standards.
Federal Standards 595B.
Air Ministry Orders - 1939/45.
MAP Standard Aircraft Colours 1939/45.

RAF_Digital_Colours.pdf

• Like 2

Sig_002.jpg

“In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked.”

- Commander in Chief Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring -

From a purely parochial standpoint 75Sqn RNZAF would be lovely to see, and simple as they were allover silver with black spinners, anti-glare and codes (Air Force Museum of New Zealand photo):

OhG880-51 33pc.jpg

Edited by Handbag
3 hours ago, Handbag said:

From a purely parochial standpoint 75Sqn RNZAF would be lovely to see, and simple as they were allover silver with black spinners, anti-glare and codes (Air Force Museum of New Zealand photo):

OhG880-51 33pc.jpg

Take a wooden plane and paint it metal... I see what they did there 😉

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I'd like to see an option for the "TseTse" (pronounced "Tet-see", after a rather nasty little African fly that gives humans African trypanosomiasis, also known as "sleeping sickness").

The TseTse Mosquito was armed with a Molins 57mm (6 pounder) semiautomatic filed artillery piece firing a solid steel projectile at high velocity.

I think the RAF fielded about 60 of them in the anti shipping/anti U Boat, role.

Their pilots loved them.

CSFa1i1WIAADoIg.jpg

Edited by BoNidle
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, Krupi said:

Can't imagine what it must have felt like for the poor chap strapped into the rear fuselage for the entire flight! 

Niels Bohr passed out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr#Manhattan_Project

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

These Canadian-built Chinese Nationalist liveries look nice, too:

10_4_b1.jpg

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2017/03/21/chinese-nationalist-mosquitos/

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards, Darryl ( Discord =STP= Stalinium Tree Pilots )

DCS, FC3, UH1H, AV8BNA, Ka50, A10C, P51D, Gazelle, PG, F/A-18, F-16, Windows 10, i7 4790K 4.0GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32G 2400MHz Ram, 256G SSD, VKB Gladiator 2 Stick (converted to SCG Premium grip), Saitek Pro Rudder, TWCS Throttle, VoiceAttack, Pimax Artisan, Oculus Rift CV1, TrackIR 5 (reversed), 1080P Ceiling-Mounted Projector onto 120" diagonal wall space, 5.1 Surround Speakers, Bass shaker c/w SimShaker Sound Module, & too much spare time?